Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

STUFF YOUR STOCKING BLOGFEST: PATY JAGER

Photobucket



South for the Winter
There have been a few winters when my husband and I wonder if maybe we would like to be “snowbirds”. Here in Oregon “snowbirds” are retired people who go south for the winter. Usually towing trailers or driving motor homes to Arizona, New Mexico, and even Mexico. Some have houses they live in during the winter months to avoid the snow and cold here up north.

We aren’t retired yet. So, it’s something we can keep thinking about. Our main concern is the fact we aren’t ones to sit around playing cards or working on hobbies. We like to get out and be physical. With this in mind about ourselves(We didn’t do well on a cruise)our next option is flying to a warm tropical place during the coldest part of the winter. We could hike and sightsee and enjoy the warm weather while everything back home is under snow and frozen. Maybe be gone a long weekend or a week, but no longer.

We’ve yet to try this adventure for lack of someone to feed the cattle while we’re gone. But one of these days, when we no longer have cattle, we are going to fly south to a tropical island.

Do you have “snowbirds” in your area who head south in the winter? Are you a “snowbird”? If so, what is your favorite place to winter?

I’ll be choosing one person who comments to win a Christmas ornament. Please leave an e-mail address so I can contact you for mailing information.

If you prefer reading about tropical places to traveling there, my latest action adventure romance, Secrets of a Mayan Moon, is set in the Guatemalan jungle.


Child prodigy and now Doctor of Anthropology, Isabella Mumphrey, is about to lose her job at the university. In the world of publish or perish, her mentor’s request for her assistance on a dig is just the opportunity she’s been seeking. If she can decipher an ancient stone table—and she can—she’ll keep her department. She heads to Guatemala, but drug trafficking bad guys, artifact thieves, and her infatuation for her handsome guide wreak havoc on her scholarly intentions.

DEA agent Tino Kosta, is out to avenge the deaths of his family. He’s deep undercover as a jaguar tracker and sometimes jungle guide, but the appearance of a beautiful, brainy anthropologist heats his Latin blood taking him on a dangerous detour that could leave them both casualties of the jungle.

Secrets of a Mayan Moon is available at Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords.


About the Author: Wife, mother, grandmother, and the one who cleans pens and delivers the hay; award winning author Paty Jager and her husband currently ranch 350 acres when not dashing around visiting their children and grandchildren. She not only writes the western lifestyle, she lives it.

She is a member of RWA, COWG, EOWG, and EPIC. Her contemporary Western, Perfectly Good Nanny won the 2008 Eppie for Best Contemporary Romance, Spirit of the Mountain, a historical paranormal set among the Nez Perce, garnered 1st place in the paranormal category of the Lories Best Published Book Contest.

You can learn more about Paty at her blog, her website, or on Facebook and Twitter @patyjag.




18 comments:

Ingeborg said...

If I could I would go somewhere warm for the winter. I hate the cold weather.

Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Paty Jager said...

Hi Ingeborg!
I don't mind the cold but it would be nice during the middle of it all to go somewhere to warm up for a bit.
Thanks for commenting!

VICKI BATMAN, said...

Hi, Paty! You are far colder than I am; however, cruises rock. YOu don't have to move luggage, cook, clean up, and get to stop at nifty spots for the hikes, biking, etc. Sold yet? Merry Christmas!

Paty Jager said...

Hi Vicki! We took one cruise to Alaska, where we really wanted to go. WE enjoyed the off ship trips but hated being on ship.We walked every section of it many times, played basketball and felt hemmed in. So we'll not do another cruise. And after lugging around hay bales and buckets of feed, I don't mind pulling a suitcase on wheels onto an airplane or into a hotel. ;) Merry Christmas!

Caroline Clemmons said...

We want to take a cruise to Alaska, but I worry about my husband's ear problems and dizziness ruining his trip. We may try it anyway as it's something we've alwasy planned for "sometime." I love cold weather, but might not enjoy it if I had to feed cattle.

Paty Jager said...

Caroline, We did the inside passage and enjoyed all the places we stopped. We just didn't enjoy the hours cooped up on the boat.

Marianne Stephens said...

Not a snowbird, but did take a cruise to warmer climate during the winter and enjoyed the change in temperature!
Also have done the Alaska cruise and I'd do it again...many wonderful sights to see!
Happy Holidays!

Mountain Laurel said...

Ah...now you see, I am an owner of a seasonal business that caters to the tourism in our area. I see frequently those from Florida coming to the mountains of North Carolina for the summer and then visa-versa for the winter! I even have a few family members who do this. Can't say I have tried ti much, but since I cannot take a vacation until after my business is closed in the fall, there have been many time my hubby and I went to a much warmer beach during the winter... thanks for sharing your thoughts today! debbifarmer@yahoo.com

Debby said...

I live in the very sad Connecticut and we have lots of snow birds. They go to Florida though.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Paty Jager said...

Hi Marianne. Cruising isn't for everyone. I've heard you either like it or hate. I'm glad you enjoy it. Happy Holidays to you!

Hi Mountain Laurel! A seasonal business would be fun. Unfortunately cattle ranching is year round. Thanks for commenting!

Hi Debby! I imagine people in the east would go to Florida or maybe Texas?

Kate Rothwell said...

what wonderful neighbors! I'm glad your daughter recovered.

Joanne Stewart said...

I've never been somewhere warm during the winter, but the older I get and the more arthritis sets into my hands, I sure think about it. I'd love to be able to fly south for the winter!

Paty Jager said...

Thanks for stopping Kate!

Hi Joanne, I agree the older I get the more warm weather in the winter sounds like a good plan. Thank you for commenting!

ellaquinnauthor said...

We have lots of snowbirds down here.

Paty Jager said...

Hi Ella! I can imagine.

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Paty! I'd love to have a tropical island of my own where I could take my herd of doggies when it gets cold. I don't think a cruise ship or the airlines would appreciate all my crew. :)

Paty Jager said...

Hey Genene! Yeah, you'd have to travel by car to your destination so all your dogs could go along. Thanks for stopping in!

Paty Jager said...

Ella Quinn is the winner of the Christmas Ornament.