Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Monday, December 17, 2012

STUFF YOUR STOCKING BLOGFEST: DONNA MICHAELS

Photobucket



Good morning, everyone. First, I’d like to thank LASR for having me here today, and second, I’d like to tell you a little bit about myself and get that out of the way so we can have some fun.

I’m Donna Michaels, author of Romaginative Fiction. I’m multi-published in several romance genres, all splashed with a bit of humor because I love to keep my heroes and heroines real, and…well, I love a good chuckle. My works range from sweet to very hot, short to epic, in eBook and print through The Wild Rose Press, Whimsical Publications, and just this past Fall, I branched out into self-publication.

Okay, enough about me. Time to talk about Christmas and the wonderful books and movies that surface this time of the year. Let’s start with movies. There are so many, but some stand out to me. Here are a few IMHO that are keepers.

It’s A Wonderful Life. A contemporary (at that time) with paranormal elements. Perfect! Makes us all take a look at our lives and how we affect those around us.

Jingle All The Way. For anyone who had to stand in long lines for a special, very popular, hard to get toy their child just has to have, this movie strikes a chord. I did it for Power Ranger toys, and for Nintendo game systems. The almost-frostbite and lack of sleep was worth it the instant they unwrapped on Christmas morning. 

Elf. Pure fun. A no-brainer that has me wanting to scream “Santa! I know him. I know him.” when I see the jolly guy in the middle of the mall.

Doctor Who Christmas Specials. Okay, I know these aren’t movies, but they are a part of our household every year. The doctor gets a new companion and the stories are always interesting and humorous.

Die Hard. Yep, you read right. The first movie takes place at Christmas time with daddy flying to L.A. to see his estranged family. The perfect Alpha hero. Tough, sexy, and by the end of the movie, he’s saved the hostages, and realized his wife is more important than his pride.

Christmas Vacation. Hands down, this one will always be my favorite. I’ll watch it over and over, and laugh just as hard every time. Comic genius with heartwarming elements, and a few relatable family scenarios.

I could keep going, but it’s time to talk books. Again, there are way too many to list. I’ll just state a few IMHO that stand out.

Dicken’s A Christmas Carol. Gives you hope that anyone can change. Classic and brilliant. There’s not one thing I don’t love about this book, or the others that try to mimic, as well as all the movies the book has spawned. (Love Scrooged!)

Little Women. Another wonderful classic. A heartwarming and wrenching epic that details the lives of these interesting sisters. You could empathize with one or more of the characters.

As for strict romance—Jill Shalvis, Debbie Macomber and many more romance authors come out with enjoyable Christmas stories every year. A wonderful escape from the hustle and bustle.

I have a few: Holiday Spirit; Vampire Kristmas, and my first ever, just released self published novel—Captive Hero—Book One in my Time-shift Heroes Series—takes place between October and December, ending at Christmas time. A female test pilot accidentally flies back in time in the middle of a WWII dogfight and inadvertently saves the life of a VMF Black Sheep pilot whom she abducts and brings back to the present in order to keep the timeline safe. Then the fun begins. He thinks she’s a German spy. :-)

Captive Hero is available on Amazon in eBook and Print.

Now down to the fun. What’s your favorite Christmas book or movie? Leave a comment, along with your email addy and I’ll choose a random winner on December 23rd and post the name here in the comments. The winner will receive a free PDF of their choice from any of my titles.

Thanks so much for joining me today. Please leave a comment, and good luck!

Donna’s links:


www.donnamichaelsauthor.com

https://facebook.com/donna.michaels.31

https://twitter.com/Donna_Michaels

http://donnamichaelsauthor.blogspot.com

http://www.goodreads.com/Donna_Michaels

8 comments:

beecuzican said...

No Christmas Story mention, c'mon, I double dog dare ya.....

Bess McBride said...

Christmas book or movie... Christmas book or movie... The pressure, the pressure. Gosh, almost all the Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel make me happy.... Well, of course! "A Christmas Story!" How could I forget? I just love Darren McGavin in that story and Melinda Dillon. Beyond great! I even bought a "leg lamp" with fringe shade ornament for my Christmas tree last year.

My lifelong goal is to figure out what Darren McGavin is actually saying when he curses!

Congratulations on your new releases, Donna, both with 5 STAR REVIEWS!!!

beecuzican said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Michaels said...

lol, Karen!
I left it open so you could make that comment, of course. hehe

Thanks for posting!

~Donna

Donna Michaels said...

Thanks so much, Bess! Congrats on your 5 Star review, too!

And I saw that ornament you're talking about, and immediately thought of Karen! lol

I've no idea what Darren was actually saying as he cured. My favorite part of that movie is the end when they're at the restaraunt and the singing begins...hehe

Thanks for the support!
~Donna

Stacy D. Holmes said...

Oh it has to be White Christmas....music, romance, comedy, military, and white knights...seriously, can it get any better.

And good topic for the day because I plan to put it in the DVD tonight while wrapping up Christmas presents!

Oh, and I have to add that Captive Hero is a wonderful story!! LOVED IT!

Na said...

I love watching Home Alone. Always entertaining!
cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

Donna Michaels said...

I pulled a random name from a hat containing the names of everyone who left a comment and the winner of a free PDF of their choice from any of my titles is...:

Na!

Congratulations! I shall email you shortly.

A big thank you to all who particapted! Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.

~Donna