Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Friday, December 21, 2012

STUFF YOUR STOCKING BLOGFEST: DAWNE PROCHILO

Photobucket



There is just something about the holidays that feels magical. The quiescent of gentle snowfalling outside as you sit indoors enjoying family, food and love. The tranquil moments parents get to enjoy seconds before their offspring burst into the room to unwrap all of Santa's goodies. The hushes words of love expressed without speaking a sound.


The entire holiday season is enchanting.


Holiday things that I love:


Reading, that should be no surprise seeing as how I am an author, but I love getting lost in the marvelous stories authors tend to weave with a holiday theme. Snowbound lovers-to-be, scorned companions who risk it all for true love, the proverbial 'kiss under the mistletoe' and the ambiance created allowing the reader to be whisked away.


Giving, whether it is gifts, laughs, or love. I am so there. I always prefer homemade, well-thought out gifts. Pictures of my wedding day made into a collage in a cheap picture frame, a memory book of special events... I can never get enough of sharing happy times.


Food (and the aromas), oh the food! The tantalizing smells from the kitchen of holiday cookies, the ham and all the trimmings and even the essence of pine from the tree- it all adds to the atmosphere and feel.


To help celebrate the upcoming holiday season, I want to give. I want to give one lucky commentator a PDF copy of my newest historical western release, Cody's Promise. Think controversy, 1898 Colorado and love all wrapped into a special gift from me to you.


Secret Cravings Author Page

6 comments:

Mountain Laurel said...

I love westerns...so I cannot wait to read your book! I love the magic of the holidays as well...thanks for sharing today! debbifarmer@yahoo.com

Debby said...

Christmas is a time of laughter and family.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Na said...

I like the setting of your book. A Western Colorado sounds exciting!

Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

An Open Book said...

Thank you for visiting and GOOD LUCK!
Dawne

Sheri said...

Merry Christmas Dawne! Cant wait to read this one!

An Open Book said...

And the winner is Mountain Laurel! Congrats!

PDF has been emailed!
Dawne