Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012



Ten Items I’d Love to See Under My Christmas Tree This Year in No Particular Order:
  1. A snowmobile – More specifically a T570 Arctic Cat. I have a place in Vermont that is right next to a snowmobile trail. It’s just calling my name every winter. I need to get out on those trails!
  2. A package of new Sharpies – I’m a teacher for my day job. I heart school supplies, but Sharpies are my absolute favorite. The package that has all the different colors in it would really rock my world.
  3. A new wardrobe – My current one sucks. I went to private school from kindergarten to twelfth grade. I wore a uniform every day. I have absolutely no idea how to put an outfit together, and plaid/pleats give me hives. I really need to get rid of everything in my closet and start all over again. Yikes! That actually sounds horrifying to me. Maybe I should just start wearing a self-imposed uniform. It should definitely involve a cape like the Volturi wear in the Twilight Saga movies. (Now you get why I need help, right? I mean, I think it would be cool to wear a cape. Somebody better stop me before I do it. Please!)
  4. Sangria – I’m going to need it if I don’t get that new wardrobe and have to actually shop for one. Shivers.
  5. A lifetime supply of M&Ms, any flavor – I’ve said it before, but doctors should just start handing these candies out instead of pills. The world would be so much happier if everyone overdosed on M&Ms. I am convinced of this. Go ahead and eat some without smiling. I’ll bet you can’t do it.
  6. Ian Somerhalder and/or Taylor Kinney – Do I need to spell out why? I didn’t think so.
  7. Kittens – I firmly believe that one can never have too many cats. I’ve got two right now, but if I didn’t have a ginormous German Shepherd that thinks cats are toys for him, I’d fill the house with kittens of every kind. Hairball, anyone?
  8. Transporter device – It is my ultimate dream to be able to teleport myself from place to place. I hate driving. If I could beam to Hawaii every now and again, or check out some animals in Australia for a weekend without having to fly, I’d sooo do it.
  9. Books, books, and more books – Along with kittens, one can never have too many books. I love the look of them, the smell of them, the possibilities that live inside of them. I like both print and e-books and can’t envision a time when I don’t have a book to read. I once told my husband that if we needed to scale back on our spending someday, I’d make cuts to the grocery shopping before I cut out books.
  10. A magic wand – You know, like when you get three wishes, and your last wish is for three more wishes. That’s what I’m doing here. I want everything on this list and then to use the wand for anything I forgot. The wand will be good for world domination too, but that’s a blog post for another day.
What do you want this year?

Check out my books at

Like me on Facebook at and comment here to be entered to win a FREE e-book copy of any one of my books, winner’s choice. Winner will be chosen and a valid email address will need to be supplied.

If you’re in the mood for a short holiday read, try Midnight Mistletoe or In the Nick of Time, each only $1.95. I’ll also have a FREE holiday read, Mistletoe Wish, on the Roses of Prose blog December 23, 24, and 25! Come check it out! If you’re looking for a taste of warm summer air to keep you warm on a cold, winter night, try Firefly Mountain.

Happy Holidays!

About the Author:
By day, Christine DePetrillo teaches fifth grade and inspires young writers. By night, she writes everything. Adult romance, young adult romance, science fiction, fantasy, poetry, pieces about nature, and pretty much anything else that pops into her head. She can't NOT write. She's tried, but The Voices won't let her. They insist she writes their tales.

Today, she tells stories meant to make you laugh, maybe make you sweat, and definitely make you believe in the magic of love.

Visit her at


Debby said...

I want a magic wand. Then I could get everything else.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Mountain Laurel said...

I too like the Magic wand!! Maybe a winning lotto ticket or a fairy Godmother. Of course, the life supply of chocolates is a given!! LOL thanks for sharing your wishes!

Na said...

I'm with you on the books and more books. Love them. Also a snowmobile sounds fun to travel in.