Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Monday, December 17, 2012

STUFF YOUR STOCKING BLOGFEST: ANNE HOPE

Photobucket



How I Saved My Holiday Spirit

By

Anne Hope



I’ve always loved the holidays. I love the music, the pretty decorations, the lovely greeting cards. But that doesn’t change the fact that I usually end up stressed and exhausted around this time of year. So I stopped and asked myself why. What is it that unfailingly ruins the holidays for me? Here are the top three things that make me say, “Bah, humbug.”


Shopping malls. Malls never fail to stress me out. They’re noisy and crowded, even on a good day. Around this time of year, they are my equivalent of hell. I can’t step into one without becoming edgy and cranky, especially when I have to wait an hour in line just to buy a peppermint mocha.


The endless string of parties. Don’t get me wrong, I love spending time with family and friends, but how do you pick which get-together to attend? If it’s likely to result in an argument with your significant other, it’s best to avoid them altogether.


The holiday flu. I love giving presents, especially to kids. Their excitement and exuberance can be contagious. Unfortunately, so can the malls. Nothing kills the holiday spirit like a nasty cold.


So how do I bypass these problems? By going on vacation, of course! We recently got a place in Florida, and in true snowbird fashion, we fly south for the holidays. I order gifts online and have them shipped in advance. The kids are always excited to find their presents waiting for them when we get there. We set up a Christmas tree and celebrate the holidays as a family. We play basketball on the beach, eat ice cream by the water and visit Santa’s Enchanted Forest in Miami.


The holiday season, once a source of great anxiety, is now a time to bond with my husband and children, a time to relax and have fun. Perhaps my Christmases are no longer white, but they are definitely stress-free. And there’s something about seeing Santa on a surf board that never fails to make me smile.


Leave a comment for a chance to win a free electronic copy of Soul Bound, Dark Souls Book One.


About the Author:
Anne Hope is the author of emotionally intense romances with a twist—a twist of humor, a twist of suspense, a twist of magic.


As a child, Anne had the nasty habit of scaring her friends and little cousins with stories of witches and vampires. Eventually, she realized that at the heart of every dark tale a compelling romance waits to be told. Now, all her stories are about the redeeming power of love and the heart’s incredible ability to heal…with a scare or two thrown in for good measure.


Her paranormal romantic thriller Soul Bound, Book One in her Dark Souls series, received a Top Pick from RT and was selected as a 2012 RT Reviewers’ Choice Award nominee. She lives in Montreal, Canada, with her husband, her two kids, a well-fed cat and a rambunctious Australian Kelpie.


Website: www.annehope.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/annehope

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnneHopeAuthor


Buy Links:
Soul Deep


Amazon Barnes and Noble


Soul Bound

Amazon Barnes and Noble Samhain Publishing
Chapters


Broken Angels


Amazon Barnes and Noble Samhain Publishing Chapters


Where Dreams Are Made

Amazon Barnes and Noble Samhain Publishing Chapters





2 comments:

Mountain Laurel said...

I like that idea! Wish I had planned a vacation instead this holiday season! Thanks for sharing! debbifarmer@yahoo.com

Anne Hope said...

Thank you for commenting, Debbi. You've won an electronic copy of Soul Bound! Please e-mail me at anne@annehope.com and let me know which format you prefer so that I may send you your prize.

Happy Holidays!

Anne Hope