Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Tuesday, December 18, 2012



Leave a comment to be entered into a drawing for a print copy of Mistletoe Cowboy (US and Canada only, please)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Thank you for the invitation to stop by today! I’ve been hearing rumors that a lot of Christmas stockings will have Christmas CD’s and a copy of Mistletoe Cowboy in them. That makes Creed and Sage (and me) very happy. They were stuck in a small ranch house during the blizzard of the century out in Palo Duro Canyon right during the Christmas season so the holidays mean a lot to them.

Everywhere we go these days we hear Christmas songs so I thought I’d just ask Creed and Sage what their favorite Christmas songs were. Some I knew about because they insisted I put them in Mistletoe Cowboy. Evidently others have meaning for them but they didn’t share that information with me at the time we were working on the book.

So first, Creed, what was the first Christmas song that you ever heard with Sage:

Creed: That would be “Joy to the World.” We didn’t have electricity so we couldn’t listen to music in the house but the old tractor that we used to get around on the ranch had a radio. It picked up a country music station out of Amarillo. We were riding around checking on things and listening to the radio when the DJ said that they were going to play five Christmas songs sung by country artists with no interruptions.

Sage: That is so sweet that you remembered that. And after that they played, “I’ll be Home for Christmas” by John Berry. I remember thinking that Grand would be home for Christmas and wondering why we couldn’t all live on the ranch together. Why did it have to be Creed or Grand? We could even move Aunt Essie to the canyon if she wasn’t able to live by herself.

Creed: And then they played “O Come All Ye Faithful”.

Sage: Wow! You do remember that day! When John Berry was singing I kept thinking that faith meant trust to believe that everything would work out in the end. That old adage about changing what I could and accepting what I couldn’t came to mind.

Creed: And that’s when I asked you what you to name your favorite Christmas carol.

Sage: And I said, “O Holy Night.”

Creed: And you asked what mine was and I said that I liked “Momma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.”

Sage: And I slapped you on the knee and you said that you liked the song but the one that brought tears to your eyes was “Mary, Did You Know.”

Carolyn (butting in): Okay what is your favorite country Christmas song that you didn’t tell me about?

Creed: I like “All I Want for Christmas is You,” by Alan Jackson. There were days when it would come to my mind when I was out there in that cold bitter wind and I’d wonder where in the hell it came from because all I wanted for Christmas was my own ranch. And I didn’t want it to come with a sassy artist that locked horns with me every time I turned around.

Sage: Well, thank you so much for that, Creed Riley, but, darlin’, you locked horns with me just as often as I did with you. Lord, Cowboy, I didn’t want you to be on my ranch, much less have complete ownership of it. But we’ll argue about that later. One of my favorite County songs for the holidays is Blake Shelton’s version of “I’ll be Home for Christmas.” I knew that I’d be home for Christmas but if the snow didn’t start melting Grand sure wouldn’t be home for Christmas.

Carolyn (butting in again): Which Christmas song reminds you of something wonderful that happened while you were stranded on that ranch all those days.

Creed and Sage (in unison and laughing as they answer): “Frosty the Snowman.”

Carolyn: Why?

Sage: You said no spoilers so we can’t answer.

Carolyn: Well, folks there you have it. What’s your favorite Christmas song? Is it by a country artist? Creed and Sage and I’ll be around all day if you have any more questions, but like Sage said, no spoilers!

'Tis the season for...

A matchmaking grandma on a long-distance mission…

Mistletoe temptation in every doorway…

A sexy cowboy with a killer smile…

When Gran Presely agrees to sell Creed Riley the Rockin’ C Ranch for a song at Christmastime, he can hardly believe his good fortune. There's just one little catch-her tantalizing granddaughter Sage is part of the deal...

Praise for Darn Good Cowboy Christmas:

“A story with a cowboy always hits the target, but add a little Christmas flair and a saucy heroine and you have a winner.” —Long and Short Reviews

“This fast-paced holiday romp brims with music, laughter...and plenty of Texas flavor.” —Library Journal

“Full of sizzling chemistry and razor-sharp dialogue.” —Night Owl Reviews, Reviewer Top Pick, 4 ½ Stars

About the Author: Carolyn Brown is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author with more than forty books published, and credits her eclectic family for her humor and writing ideas. She writes bestselling single title cowboy and country music mass market romances. Born in Texas and raised in southern Oklahoma, Carolyn and her husband now make their home in the town of Davis, Oklahoma, where she is working on her next cowboy romance, Just a Cowboy and His Baby, which will be in stores in December 2012. Carolyn’s first women’s fiction novel, The Blue Ribbon JalapeƱo Society Jubilee, hits stores in March 2013. For more information, please visit


Ingeborg said...

I enjoyed the post, thank you.


Na said...

My favorite Christmas song is Jingle Bell rock. I'm always humming it during the holidays.


Mountain Laurel said...

When I was a kid (back during the dinosaur age) I used to call the local Country radio station (over and over) and request "Ding-a-ling the Christmas Bell"! I used to love this song! Have not heard this song in many years, but think about it every Christmas! Thanks for sharing!

Debby said...

Great post! I love the traditional Christmas Carols.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Barbara E. said...

My favorite Christmas song is Walking in a Winter Wonderland. Although I'm from California, my parents were from back east, so there was no country music in my house growing up - just the classic Christmas music, so I don't know any country Christmas songs.

Barbed1951 at aol dot com