Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Blogfest: Misha Tagliaferro


Halloween is a time of year many paranormal romance authors love. When you write about vampires and shapeshifters and things that go bump in the night, the spookiness of Halloween can provide infinite inspiration. It’s also a great time of year for those of us who are addicted to chocolate or other types of candy.

Kids like to think Halloween is all about them, with costumes galore and trick-or-treating to collect copious amounts of candy. I remember being one of those kids. For months beforehand, my friends and I would discuss what we were going to be for Halloween. As the big day drew closer, we’d share memories of who handed out the best candy the previous year and who had the creepiest decorations. Ghost stories, bon fires, and trying to scare the pants off of each other only added to the building excitement. Then came time to don our costumes and take to the streets in search of the bounty the neighborhood had to offer.

These days it seems as though a few houses on every street try to outdo each other on the creepy decorating. On Halloween night children and young teens from all over town and even from neighboring cities swarm my neighborhood, ringing doorbells and greeting homeowners with cries of, “Trick or treat!” while holding out pumpkin-shaped buckets, plastic grocery sacks, or pillowcases to collect whatever is tossed their way.

Yes, October 31st brings about good times for everyone in my town, but for me it also brings back good memories of years gone by. Like the year my best friend and I were “too old” to go trick-or-treating, but we still ran over to one of the neighbors and collected some candy anyway. Or the year it seemed like I handed out more candy to teenagers than children.

So, wherever you are this Halloween, make some good memories to share in the years to come. And when the fall air starts to feel a little too cool, pick up a paranormal romance or two to help you warm up. What better time to read about the ups and downs of a relationship with a vampire or witch?

In honor of this paranormal-friendly holiday, I’m giving away one free PDF copy of my vampire romance Thirst for Love. Entering is super easy. Just leave a comment on this post with your favorite thing about Halloween. It can be a memory, a costume, even your favorite type of candy. Be sure to leave an email address where I can contact you if you win!

Good luck, and Happy Halloween!

Victor Nicolescu wants only two things: blood to sate his hunger and a woman to love him for eternity. The blood is easy—his butler donates to Victor’s personal blood bank on a regular basis. Sometimes, however, Victor has an undeniable craving for fresh blood. His most recent craving leads him straight to Claudia Reyes, a gorgeous psychiatrist who doesn’t believe in the existence of vampires. His bite transforms her into one of the mythical immortals and forces her to leave behind everything familiar. Victor longs to help her adjust to her new life as a creature of the night, but her anger at his choice to transform her threatens to destroy their chance for love. When the night of the full moon rolls around, however, Claudia discovers he desperately needs her help to overcome a part of him even he never knew existed.

Buy the book at

Secret Cravings Publishing

Amazon UK

Barnes and Noble

About the Author:About the author: Misha Tagliaferro is the author of sweetly sensual paranormal romance. As an avid reader and lover of books, her natural curiosity took a turn toward writing. She loves a good romance with a happy ending and always roots for underdog, the outcast who wants to belong but never can.

This combination, along with a brainstorming session with her sister, led her to write her first paranormal romance. She lives with her loving family and a crazy dog whose favorite activity is to interrupt Misha’s writing time.

Connect with Misha online:

Facebook -

Twitter -

Goodreads -

Blog -

Website -


Jean MP said...

Enjoyed your post, your book sounds really good.
Favorite thing about Halloween is the candy, I look forward to all the mini chocolate bars!
skpetal at hotmail dot com

Tabitha Shay said...

Great post...Best of luck with ur book. I love Halloween and anything chocolate is my favorite treat...Tabs

Layla Hunter said...

Loved your post and congratulations on your book! I'd love to read it! My favorite thing for Halloween is decorating! *grins* We REALLY get into it around here. This year, sadly, it was a bit of a washout but we are supposed to have a 'make up' day. Oh, and the trick or treaters! Love them!

Debby said...

Great post. I enjoyed reading it. Congrats on your books.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Kellie Kamryn said...

Great post!

Carolyn Gibbs said...

Great post. I love Halloween, and also remember trick or treating as a teenager. It was fun. Congrats on your books!

Jennifer Simpkins said...

Congrats on your book! I have to admit I'm not one who enjoys watching scary movies, and even as a kid I was creeped out by others wearing What I love about this time of year is the cooler weather, the changing of the leaves, being curled up on the couch with a good book and my favorite mulled cider candle burning. I'm not that same scared kid anymore - in fact I love a good vamp book. And now that I have a kid, I appreciate this holiday a lot more. :)