I’m really a vampire. *snort* Okay, so not really, but I do like to write about them more than any other creature.
1. I’m a competitive archer, though I don’t shoot much anymore since moving to a place with only two seasons: bug season & winter. A few years ago I won the Canadian 3D championships and the Grand Prix, which was pretty neat.
2. Light is not my friend when it’s time to sleep. If there’s so much as a small LED lit anywhere in the room, I’ll be awake half of the night. Strange much? :-) I wear a sleep mask, and that helps. Or lots of alcohol. That works, too.
3. Once upon a time I worked in the IT department for an elevator company. Best. Job. Ever. I got to fly all over Canada installing VOIP systems. Yes, I’m a recovering nerd.
4. I got my first motorcycle when I was six years old, and I drove that thing over every inch of our family farm with a smile on my face. I used to have a cruiser as an adult, too, but sold it when I had my daughter. Kind of hard to strap a baby seat to a bike. :-)
5. When I write, I often lose time. I get into such a zen state that often when I look at the clock I’ll have no idea how three hours have gone by. Scary sometimes. If I know I have to be somewhere, I’ve learned to set an alarm.
6. I have no desire for fame or fortune. I’m a simple person with a simple life, and I want to keep it that way.
7. While growing up in Southern Ontario, I began driving farm equipment when I was four years old. I once climbed up the outside of the silo and nearly gave my dad a heart attack. :-)
8. My favorite music right now is Maroon 5. Love Adam Levine!
9. I’m the youngest of five children by a long shot. Yeah, I was kind of an oopsie. :-)
Thanks for having me, Judy. Nice place you’ve got here!
About the Author:
Find Jocelyn online at
Leave a comment for a chance to win a download of Shadowborn as well as an autographed bookmark.
That’s the question Lila Gray asks every time yet another bad guy tries to destroy the earth, and she learns she’s the only one who can stop it. Once again, something’s on the prowl, leaving hundreds of comatose, soulless victims in its wake.
Couldn’t the deadliest assassins of the Otherworld go after someone else instead of the brand new Queen of the Seelie? One who still hasn’t adapted to her new role.
Lila would ask Liam Kane, King of the Unseelie, for advice, but something’s off with him, too. He’s holding back. In some way. About some thing. In fact, he refuses to tell her what’s going on.
The truth holds Lila back from the greatness of her role—the people she was born to lead—the man who she desperately loves—and the solution to the latest war raging around her.
To find the answers, she’ll need to fight through her own darkness and embark on a journey through her psyche.
If she doesn’t succeed, the Shadowborn will claim not only her world, but her soul.