Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Anniversary Blogfest: Nike Chillemi


Thriller Chiller Summer Reading
Nike Chillemi

There's nothing better than summer reading. I love to sit with a good romantic suspense novel or mystery at poolside or the beach. I can even slather on the sun block and sit out on my deck with a tall glass of iced tea and immerse myself in a terrifying thriller.

What I crave is a character driven story that pulls me in and keeps me turning pages as the heat of the day dissipates and the sun sets over the horizon. Not only is that the epitome of reading to me, it's the type of story I like to write. For me, PERILOUS SHADOWS, the third novel in my series of historical romantic thrillers, does just that. I knew my main characters, pioneer news woman Kiera Devane and ace radio broadcaster Argus Nye, so intimately that I had to put it down on paper so others could get to know them too. They are complex and compelling. This novel is something of a psychological thriller and a snapshot of when America was about to burst into the technological age.

I love it when reading takes me to a place and time I'm unable to travel to in real life. My Sanctuary Point series transports the reader to the mid-and-late 1940s. It was a tough time for Americans. They'd just come through World War II. But it was also an optimistic time when the country was looking forward and had a spirit of get up and go. It was an era of panache, when ordinary people liked to dress with uber-glamour and pizzazz. What hair styles they wore, the clothing, and oh, those automobiles. GOODBYE NOEL, my Christmas/New Year's story, takes the reader on a hunt for a fiendish killer while giving a glimpse at how America celebrated the holidays then.

Both PERILOUS SHADOWS (a dead coed, news professionals hunting a killer…sweet romance, warm intimacy, sophisticated themes presented tastefully) and GOODBYE NOEL (murder, mayhem, kidnap, romance…sweet romance, warm intimacy, sophisticated themes presented tastefully) are in ebook format. So throw your Kindle, Nook, Sony Reader, or other electronic devise into your beach bag and have a summer reading blast.

About the Author:
Nike Chillemi has been called a crime fictionista due to her passion for crime fiction. She was an Inspy Awards 2010 judge in the Suspense/Thriller/Mystery category and a judge in the 2011 and 2012 Carol Awards in the suspense, mystery, and romantic suspense categories. She is the founding board member of the Grace Awards and its Chairman, a reader's choice awards for excellence in Christian fiction. She writes book reviews for The Christian Pulse online magazine. BURNING HEARTS is the first book in the crime wave that is sweeping the south shore of Long Island in The Sanctuary Point series, published by Desert Breeze. GOODBYE NOEL, the second book in the series released in December, 2011 won the Grace Award 2011 in the Mystery/Romantic Suspense/Thriller category. PERILOUS SHADOWS, the third in the series released in July, 2012. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and the Edgy Christian Fiction Lovers (Ning).

Find Nike online at


Debby said...

I love what you say. I do enjoy reading and going to places I can not go otherwise.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Ingeborg said...

I agree, reading can take you to places you would never travel to in real life.

Karen H in NC said...

The advantage of reading is the trips you can take without ever leaving home. I've even read some books with my Rand-McNally US Road Atlas by my side to look up routes mentioned in books I read. Good way to learn history and geography.

kareninnc at gmail dot com

B. J. Robinson said...

Nothing like traveling through the pages of a good book :) BJ Robinson

B. J. Robinson said...

I'll take character-driven over plot-driven any day, and that's how I write my romantic suspense novels, too. Blessings for success, BJ

Glenda Parker Fiction Writer said...

I loved your post. I can just see you out on your deck. There is nothing better that a good book on a hot day or on any day. God bless you for a chance to win a book I can never have enough.

Glenda Parker

Nike Chillemi said...

Thx everyone for your comments. I enjoyed reading them.

There certainly isn't much that can beat traveling to places via the pages of a thrilling novel.

The one thing that tops that is relaxing in a beach chair at water's edge while doing the reading. :)

Mary Hagen Author said...

I's like to join you on the beach and read a great mystery, on of my favorite genre's.
Mary Hagen

Unknown said...

You describe the magic of books well, Nike. We can go to places and into situations not possible or even sometimes desirable in ordinary life!

Angela Britnell

Nike Chillemi said...

Three of your left email addresses and I sent a PDF copy of one of my novels to each of you.

Happy reading.