Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: Toni Sue VerSteeg

Photobucket



One Hot Summer
During my summer down time, you’ll likely find me lazing under a shade tree, greedily devouring a good romance novel. I’ve had to make a few switch-ups to my normal routine this year, both not-so-good and very good. The bad has forced me to move my lounging inside due to the 100 plus degree temperatures. (Blah!) The good is that thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law (how many people besides me can put ‘wonderful’ and ‘mother-in-law’ next to each other and mean it?), I am now using a Nook Tablet for my reading pleasure. I still opt for the feel of a paperback on occasion, but having the option to download what tickles my fancy at a moment’s notice has been beyond fabulous…unless you are looking at my checking account after said purchases. Thanks to this little slice of heavenly technology, I was able to choose from a huge library of books while on the sandy beaches of Cancun earlier this summer, just so you know. (I had to throw that part in.) Though I do have to say the temperature was cooler there than it was back here in Southwest Missouri.


I’ve read a ton of books this summer, but a few have stood out. Inez Kelley recently released a hilarious masterpiece. If you get a chance, download Turn It Up, but only if you are prepared to laugh! Another good laugh-out-loud book to get your hands on is Unbreakable Bond, co-authored by Gemma Halliday and Jennifer Fischetto. Gemma also has a huge backlist to choose from after you’re finished with that one. If you’re in the mood for something darker, I’d have to send you into the capable hands of Jennifer Leeland. Be warned, the writing is hot! Yes, just as hot as this weather. Wolf of Arundale is her latest release, but you can pretty much pull up her backlist, close your eyes, and point to pick a good read. I’ve read some other amazing books (Cassandra Curtis, Tru Night, Eden Bradley, Jax Cassidy, Kristen Painter…the list is truly long.), but I’d run out of room on this blog to name them all.


Of course, I would like to take a second and mention my own summer release. Secrets of the Sapphires is the first in a series based on a covert CIA group called the Paranormal Division. The agents in this unit are tasked at keeping all of us safe from everything that goes bump in the night. Here’s the cover blurb



Opposites do attract. Keeping them from killing each other is the real challenge. Nia Brooks entered the CIA to get to the bottom of her parents’ deaths. Joining the Paranormal Division, she learns to fend for herself after dealing with prejudice, not to mention the vampires and shifters. Paired with an egotistical agent, the bloodsuckers and hairy boys don’t seem so bad.


Garrett Van Deren has his own agenda behind joining the CIA. When his dead partner’s body disappears without a trace, Garrett knows the vampire underground is responsible and the Paranormal Division offers him answers. He slams head first into a roadblock when he meets his new partner. A hundred pounds soaking wet, he’ll be babysitting instead of tracking down the killer.

Tossed back in time by a mysterious white sapphire, two headstrong agents must learn to trust one another while they search for a way back to the Twenty-First Century and the people responsible for the rift in time.


Take a look and let me know what you think. Have a wonderful time with what’s left of this hot, hot, hot summer.


Sincerely,

Toni Sue VerSteeg

Romantic Escape Artist

www.tsvbooks.com


About the Author:
Toni Sue and Super Hubby are currently living happily ever after in the Missouri Ozarks. She is busy writing her next book, and he is busy making sure she writes her next book. Both of which are full time jobs.



13 comments:

Ingeborg said...

I'm looking forward to reading Secrets of the Sapphires. It sounds like a very good book.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Jean MP said...

Liked the blurb, sounds like a great book, very intriguing. Look forward to readign Secrets of the Sapphires.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Hywela Lyn said...

'Secrets Of The Sapphires' sounds very intriguing. Congratulations on this release, and good luck with the one in progress.

Amy Morgan said...

I am bullfrog green with envy! I want to read...not a ton of books, I just want to catch up on the books my mother (Carolyn Brown) has written and I haven't had a chance to read. *sigh*

Catherine Lee said...

My mother-in-law was a wonderful woman, as well. She's gone now and I miss her. You are fortunate.
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

stanalei said...

Got Sapphires queued up. Looking forward to catching up on it before the summer is out. congrats on the release!

Debby said...

School starts Monday and so no more lazing around and reading. Love that about summer.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Karen H in NC said...

Being retired, it's hard to tell the difference between the seasons. Here in NC, winter is so mild and short, it can pass me by without me even noticing it! Which is why I moved here to begin with. The summers are long and hot, which I love but TGFA/C! I got a Kindle Fire this year and while I use it quite a lot, I still enjoy holding that print book in my hands. Love to see the ink rubbing off on my fingers!

Thanks for the excerpt. Your book sounds good.

kareninnc at gmail dot com

Maddy said...

Sapphires would be one of my favorite gems [in theory rather than on my finger] Thanks for the references to humorous reads, we're always looking for more of those.

miztrniceguy said...

Sue are you going to the Roots n Blues n BBQ festival in Columbia in Sept?

tsueversteeg said...

Thanks for stopping by, y'all! And Michael, two trips back to Iowa for a wedding and an anniversary have tapped out the travel fund for a while. The festival sounds like fun though. Post pics on FB so I can live vicariously through you. ;)

Barbara said...

I love happily ever after real stories, Toni Sue. And let me say I loved reading SECRETS (I'm still a fan of paper and ink LOL) . Super job.

I'm looling forward to the next one.

LisaRayns said...

Congrats on the release. This looks great!