Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: Susan Jaymes

Photobucket



Summertime Heat



This summer has been super-hot. Heat is normal for summer and it's hotter in some areas than others. Hundred degree temperatures is not normal for the state of Wisconsin. This summer there were too many days reaching the hundred degree mark. Hot and dry was the theme for July.


What does one do when it heats up? We live in air conditioning watching our flowers dry up and our grass turn to a drab brown except for the weeds. They thrive with heat for some reason. Has anyone figured out how they do that? I'm sure some scientist has. If they could figure out how to keep the temperatures comfortable year round, we'd all be grateful.


In the winter months, we envision ourselves sitting poolside with a fancy drink in our hand looking gorgeous in a stunning bikini with a golden tan. Hey it’s a vision in our heads. Our bodies are perfection in our bikinis.


Then spring arrives and we design beautiful flower gardens and plan for a bountiful fall harvest. We work hard on our spring projects hoping to finish early so we can enjoy a long summer. The days grow longer and the nights warmer. Then the heat comes.


This year by the end of June only the strong survived. The heat index reached to 120 more than once. The air too thick to almost breathe, kept us locked in doors with the air conditioners running non-stop. The easy summer days of our dreams, evaporated making us cranky.


I for one am not a winter fan. I don't like the cold, the wind or the snow. Why do I live in Wisconsin then? I married an ice fisherman. What was I thinking? That would be a different blog. Love does funny things to you.


However, for the first time I'm looking forward to winter. The white stuff doesn't sound too bad. A wind chill down to below zero almost sounds inviting. I'm envisioning myself snuggled up with a heavy blanket, comfy jogging pants, and a good romance book or a romantic comedy.


August is upon us now. Summer is almost done. My skin is still fairly white and my flowers are looking rather peaked. My grass is a unattractive shade of brown with healthy weeds scattered about. Even the trees are droopy. We've all had enough.


The heat of summer has taken on a whole new meaning this year. Mother Nature is a moody creature. However, I am thankful I only had to experience a scorching summer and not deadly tornadoes or wild fires like other states. There is always an upside to misery. Mine is looking forward to shorter days, rain and cooler weather.


How are you beating the crazy summer heat?


About the Author: Susan Jaymes has lived in Wisconsin her whole life. With three older brothers and too much time on her hands she fell in love with reading to take her away to faraway places. She dreamed of writing her own stories one day. When her two sons grew up and moved on in their own lives, she made her dream a reality. In her spare time she writes contemporary romances filled with emotional conflict and family drama. She enjoys time with her husband, her cats and a good drama.


Find Susan online at


Blog: http://susanjaymes.blogspot.com/

Website: http://susanjaymes.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/susan_jaymes

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/susanjaymes?ref=hl

Goodreads: httpwwwgoodreadscomsusan_jaymes


Buy Links:


Desert Breeze Publishing: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-274/Guilty-Hearts-Susan-Jaymes/Detail.bok

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Guilty-Hearts-ebook/dp/B007K1OCQA/

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/guilty-hearts-susan-jaymes/1107712025?ean=2940014338981

All Romance: http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-guiltyhearts-751695-149.html


16 comments:

Ingeborg said...

I like the heat but it was too hot even for me.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Susan Jaymes said...

I agree with you. I think I enjoyed it more when it was younger.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hywela Lyn said...

LOL, I keep reading how hot it is over there - and I keep posting how chilly it is in the UK - could you send some sunny weather over please? Air conditioning? What's that? We think we're lucky if we can turn the heating off in June!

As you say though, we have a lot to be thankful for. We may moan about the British summer, but we don't have the extremes of weather some countries have - or the devastating consequences!

Margaret Fieland said...

Susan, with really high electricity bills from running our air conditioning. We're all praying for nice, cool weather here.

Regan said...

Living in San Diego has its benefits, not the least of which is the weather. 70s and sunny for most of the year. When we get rain we love it.

Susan Jaymes said...

I am sure this winter I will be complaining about the cold as well. I don't think I'd do well where it is cold all the time. I guess you gave me something else to be thankful for.

Yes, Margaret, it's either the electric bill in the summer or the heating bill in the winter. Actually today it is raining and and cooler. Never thought I'd be grateful for a rainy, cool day.

Jean MP said...

I am like you, wishing for cooler temps and rain. Hoping for a winter filled with lots of snow.
My husband is crying over how terrible the lawn looks and worried about trees we will have to replace next year.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Susan Jaymes said...

Regan: San Diego sounds like my kind of place. I don't think my husband would agree though.

Jean: I'm not looking forward to lots of snow. I know we need the moisture after this dry year but I hate driving in it. I hope your trees can be saved.

Unknown said...

We've had a long hot summer here in Tennessee as well and I can't wait for cooler temperatures to arrive - we don't typically have overly harsh winters so it can't come soon enough. This is when I long for the good Cornish drizzle I grew up with!

Karen H in NC said...

It's been an extremely hot summer here in NC too. I know we had a near record number of 100+ degree days in a row...something like 12 or 13. That's not normal for this part of the country. Our average July-August high is 90-95. IMO, that's hot enough. That said, there is no amount of heat that would make me miss or long for the cold, sub-zero temps and piles of snow in a Michigan winter. To get away from that crap is why I moved to NC in the first place!

kareninnc at gmail dot com

Debby said...

The heat was tough here as well. Cool drinks and AC works wonders. Now with winter coming we will be complaining about the snow.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Nike Chillemi said...

Gosh, I didn't know it was that hot in Wisconsin. Whew!

We've had a blistering summer here in NYC.

Susan Jaymes said...

Karen: I agree. Here in WI we don't normally see 100 or above either. As I said I'm not looking forward to the blowing snow or the freezing temps.

Debby: I will have to remind myself of the unbearable temperatures of the summer to keep myself from complaining about the snow and cold. I can't make the promise it will work though.

jude urbanski said...

Yep, Susan, the Mid West has had a haberano summer. I've made lots of sun tea!

Susan Jaymes said...

Thanks to everyone who stopped by. I think the majority of us agree this summer was too hot and we are ready for some cooler fall days.

Jean Kinsey said...

I am soo thankful for the cooler days we've enjoyed for the past few days. Windows open and no air. That's next to heaven.