Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: Stacey Joy Netzel

Photobucket



Three little words



Back to School


Three words that are dreaded by kids and gospel to parents. My kids groan at the looming date and for me it can’t get here fast enough. I look forward to 8 uninterrupted hours of peace and quiet, as I’m sure many others do, too.


Please, don’t get me wrong, I love my kids and I enjoy having them home—


For about a week.


I mean, really, am I a bad mom because I’m tired of hearing “Sto-op”, “Give it back”, “I had it first!”, “MOM!”, “Shut-up, idiot”, “Ow!”, and countless other phrases worded in just the right whiny tone to make my blood pressure sky-rocket? There’s only so much a person can take. And let me tell you, there’s no writing getting done this summer.


Don’t rush it, some say. One day, when they’re out of the house, you will wish those days hadn’t passed so fast. Well of course I will. Don’t we all? I’m just as sure the teeth-clenching part of those memories will fade and I’ll long for the days when they were young.


But...with a little inward smile of glee...I also know the day will come when they call and tell me “The kids are driving me nuts with their fighting. How did you deal with it?”


After I’m done laughing commiserating, I’ll very nicely ask, “Bet you luv those three little words Back to School now.”


Pay back is a bitch, isn’t it?


In the meantime, for those mothers who are counting the days until September 4th with me, I suggest you pick up a book and escape in the pages for a little YOU time. In our house, it’s called Silent Reading Time, emphasis on the silence, and though the kids protest, they usually get into their books and read well past the designated time.


If you’re a mom who is dreading the end of summer and the time with your kids, I give the same advice. Reading together with your kids is a great activity—something you probably already know.


Here are a few of my titles you might like to consider:


CHASIN’ MASON, sexy contemporary western romance set in Texas

AMAZON, BN, SW, ARe, KOBO



MORE THAN A KISS, sexy contemporary romance set in California

Amazon, BN, Smashwords, ARe


LOST IN ITALY, sexy romantic suspense/adventure set in...well, that’s kinda obvious.

Amazon, BN, Smashwords, ARe, Kobo



Happy Reading and enjoy the rest of your summer!


About the Author: An avid reader and fan of movies with happy endings, Stacey Joy Netzel lives in Wisconsin with her husband and three children, a couple horses and some barn cats. She works part-time as a travel agent, and in her limited free time she enjoys gardening, canning, and visiting her parents in Northeastern Wisconsin (Up North) at their cabin on the lake.


Her romantic suspense titles include Lost In Italy (2012 RS *WINNER* WisRWA’s Write Touch Readers’ Award), and her Colorado Trust Series, Trust in the Lawe, Shattered Trust, andShadowed Trust. Contemporary titles include More Than a Kiss, Ditched Again, Welcome to Redemption Series (books 2,4,6), Chasin’ Mason, Dragonfly Dreams, If Tombstones Could Talk, and her Christmas anthology, Mistletoe Rules, which also took 1st place in WisRWA's 2010 Write Touch Readers' Award.


Find the author online at


www.StaceyJoyNetzel.com

Twitter

Facebook

14 comments:

Hywela Lyn said...

Well all my children have paws (or hooves) so I can only sympathise - I guess I have it pretty easy. When the horses have been fed and had all their needs tended to in the afternoon, I can at least relax most of the evening (until I get a paw on my knee and 'I want to go out - NOW' expression :) I do love the idea of a 'silent reading' time though, that sounds like such a good idea. - Oh great cover for 'Chasing Mason', by the way!

Ingeborg said...

I must be a weirdo or something because I hated it when my kids went back to school. They are both married now with families of their own. How I wish to go back in time to the wonderful days when they were little.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Jean MP said...

That is a wonderful idea about the "silent reading" time. I wonder if I can use it with my husband!

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Catherine Lee said...

School starts back here on Monday. I know that MANY mothers are SO looking forward to it...even if just for the peace and quiet.
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

Stacey Joy Netzel said...

Hello Hywela! Animals can be quite demanding, too. Silent reading is the only way I stay sane some days. :)

Ingeborg (Kit?)--you're not weird, I know other mom's who feel the same way. Maybe your kids were just so much better behaved? :)

Jean--lol about silent reading with your husband. Surprisingly, sometimes mine talks a bit too much, too. But only when I'd rather it be quiet. If I want to talk, he's got nothing to say.

Catherine--I'm specifically looking forward to uninterrupted writing time. Of course, I'll have to wait for the hubby to go to work first. LOL

Thanks to all of you for coming by!

Debby said...

As a teacher, I am not always fond of back to school. But I am ready for a new year, now.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Stacey Joy Netzel said...

Debby--I hope you have a great new year with your new class. :)

Sandy said...

When I was a kid I always had my nose in a book, but not my school books. lol

Carol Ericson said...

Ha! I have to believe the moms who look forward to school starting are the moms who are full-time writers and don't work outside the home! If you work outside the home, like I do, you dread the kids going back to school. During the summer, the kids don't bug you during the day because, well, you're at work! And oh those summer nights with no homework, projects, back-to-school nights, fundraisers, forms, teacher conferences, tutoring sessions, school functions, deadlines for this, that, and the other, school trips, lunches to make, rushing out the door in the morning. During the summer,my nights belong to me and my writing; during school nights, my nights belong to the kids and their myriad activities and I get to squeeze in my writing after 11:00 pm when the house is finally quiet. Boo school!

Stacey Joy Netzel said...

Sandy, that sounds like me, too. I studied the least amount possible to keep my grades up, and the rest was reading time.

Carol--this post was written with you in the back of my mind. For you, I'm sad summer's over. But maybe soon you will be a full-time writer mom who looks forward to school. It probably wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the fighting.

Karen H in NC said...

Oh, I'm so glad my children are grown and I don't have to listen to all that bellyaching all day long. Of course, I only had to listen to it when I walked in the door after work! I pity the poor babysitter!

One thing I noticed this year is the BTS ads seemed to hit so much earlier than in the past. It seems like before the end of June, stores were advertising back-to-school clothing and supplies. Just seems wrong!

kareninnc at gmail dot com

Stacey Joy Netzel said...

Karen--isn't that the truth! The kids are no more than out of school and they're advertising for supplies again. Much as I like them heading back to school, I am NOT a fan of school shopping, so that I can definitely do without.

Thanks for commenting! Have a great week. :)

Tiffany N. York said...

My son started today and I almost didn't know what to do with myself. ALMOST...

Stacey Joy Netzel said...

Tiffany, I just got done making fruit smoothies for my two youngest--nothing went right. And each wanted different fruit. One wanted ice cream in, the other ice cubes. All I can say is: 7 more days. :) Hope you get some foreplay today. LOL (if anyone wonders at that, check out Tiffany's post: http://lasrguest.blogspot.com/2012/08/anniversary-blog-fest-tiffany-n-york.html