Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: Sara Daniel


What I Did on My Summer Vacation

Sara Daniel

For my summer vacation, I went to the Wiccan Haus. You know about this island resort accessible only by ferry boat off the coast of Maine, right? It’s renowned in both the human and Para world for its magical healing. It’s the setting for all the books in the multi-author Wiccan Haus series…and unfortunately, it’s purely fictional. But I did spend a significant portion of my summer there in my mind as I worked on Psychic Lies, my next book in the series that comes out at the end of October.

For my real life summer vacation, I went to Mackinac Island, a real and amazingly beautiful island, accessible only by ferry boat off the coast of Michigan in Lake Huron and renowned for its fudge, among other things. (I could do an entire blog post on the magical healing powers of chocolate.) According to the tourist website (, “it’s an island suspended in a forgotten, more innocent time. Relive the simple pleasures of life… On Mackinac Island every day is timeless, every night precious.”

There are no cars on the island. Everyone walks, rides bikes or takes horse-drawn carriages. We did all three. The water surrounding the island is crystal clear. From above, you can see lighter and deep blues and even greens and browns of the sea bottom.

If I had my way, I would have relocated my office to the highest point overlooking the water and spent the rest of my life there writing. Since I left my laptop at home and my reservation ended at the end of the weekend, I simply soaked in the view and allowed the beauty and the calm to work its magical healing on my stressed-out soul.

I returned home to a decidedly un-Zen state—a book deadline, a to-do list of things I hadn’t gotten around to before I left, a house in need of cleaning, a parade of neighborhood children that turned my living room into a circus staging area, and a dryer that decided to quit working as I tried to catch up on laundry.

I wanted to go back. To the Wiccan Haus. To Mackinac Island. I missed it already.

Then I printed out my pictures, and the stunning beauty took me back. I have those memories. I carry a part of Mackinac/Wiccan Haus with me wherever I go, regardless of the chaos life unfolds in front of me. It’s a part of my soul, and no one can take it from me.

But just in case they try, I’m going to hang the pictures all around my desk, so I can escape any time.

About the Author: Sara Daniel writes what she loves—irresistible romance and captivating family drama. She writes fiction to entertain but also to give people hope and a belief that everything can and will turn out happily ever after. When she’s not writing, Sara is a frazzled maid, chauffeur, and personal assistant (aka mom). She’s crazy about country music and the drama of NASCAR, and she has her own happily ever after with her hero husband. Sara is the author of Mr. Forever and The Wiccan Haus: A Man Worth Fighting For. Her upcoming releases include More Than a Fantasy (September 15, Decadent Publishing), Construction Beauty Queen (September 25, Entangled Publishing, Bliss Imprint), Finally Ever After: Zane’s Art (October 19, Musa Publishing), and The Wiccan Haus: Psychic Lies (October 26, Musa Publishing)

Find Sara online at


Toni said...

Since following the series I would have to agree. A vacation to Wiccan Haus would be fantastic!! I can't read your new addition to the series.


Rhea Rhodan said...

All of the buzz has really gotten me excited about the series. Can't wait to start reading them! Now, if I just had a little vacation time coming...

katsrus said...

Sounds like a great place to go. I will have to add your books to my reading.
Sue B

Ingeborg said...

Mackinac Island sounds like a beautiful place.

Debby said...

That sounds amazing. I would love to visit Wiccan Hous. Mackinac Island is beautiful. I have been there several times.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Karen H in NC said...

I'm from Michigan and Mackinac Island is one of the most beautiful places in Michigan. Have you ever had Ryba's Mackinac Island Fudge Ice Cream? To die for! Seriously! It's been a long time since my last visit. Really must take time to do more traveling in the state next summer when I make my summer trip up to visit my kids.

kareninnc at gmail dot com

Sara Daniel said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by and reading about my love for all things Wiccan Haus and Mackinac. Karen, I did not have the ice cream from Ryba's, BUT we got their caramel corn and the fudge turtles and they were SOOOO delicious. I will have to try the ice cream. Thanks for giving me an excuse to go back!!