Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: Marcia King-Gamble


It’s summer all year where I am – meaning - the minute the temperature drops into the sixties, the coats, boots and mittens come out. I’m a northeastern woman and the first time I witnessed this, I let out a great, big belly-laugh. Up North, shorts and flip-flops are worn the moment the temperatures hit the mid-fifties.

Despite the residents’ aversion to what I call balmy weather, here summer is dreaded by all. The oppressive heat means that every exciting social activity comes to a grinding halt. We go from one air conditioned building to another or we pop into our pools. Vacations are usually to some place cool.

Ironic that I’m heading to Cancun this summer where the temperature is actually cooler than South Florida. Thanks to some hoarded membership reward points I accepted an offer I couldn’t refuse. My airline ticket actually costs more than my accommodations. And when the resort offered a leisure certificate to spend in any manner I wished, that sealed the deal. Margaritas! Massages! I’m there!

The plan is to lounge around the pool and catch up on my reading. I’m leaving the laptop at home and withdrawing from the Internet. One day I’ll take the ferry to Cozumel, skip the tequila at Carlos and Charlie’s and head for the beach. But no trip south of the border would be complete without a visit to Tulum to soak in some history and that incredible view of the ocean.

When I return to the States I’ll be ready to release the new and improved version of the first book that I ever published. I’m still playing around with titles so perhaps you can help me pick one. Meanwhile, visit my Facebook page and be sure to like me. My latest releases Real Temptation and His Call are available on Amazon. Nook lovers can find Real Temptation on Barnes and Noble.

Enjoy your summer and be sure to pick up one of my beach reads!

About the Author:
Marcia King-Gamble hails from a sunny Caribbean island where the sky and ocean are the same mesmerizing shade of blue.

She is a former travel industry executive and a self proclaimed globetrotter. Marcia is particularly fond of Hong Kong, Venice, and New Zealand, not only for the scenery, but because of the mouthwatering food.

A National Bestselling author, Marcia has penned 24 books and 2 novellas. Her free time is spent at the gym, traveling, and with her animal family.

She loves hearing from you. Email her at or write to her at:

P.O. Box 25143

Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

Find Marcia online at


Hywela Lyn said...

LOL I always smile a little ruefully when my American friends complain about the heat (and I know it must be oppressive, but...) Over here in the UK, we celebrate if summer reaches 60 degrees, most of the time, and if it hits the 70s (rarely)It's a 'heatwave'! :)

Ingeborg said...

I wish I was heading to Cancun, you lucky girl.

Amy Morgan said...

Cancun sounds heavenly, but I would just love to sit at home and catch up on my reading! My Momma is romance author, Carolyn Brown. I am behind on reading several of her books, but, alas, 6 children and a husband want to eat and need clean clothes. *sigh*

Jean MP said...

Going to Cancun would be lovely, I envy you. Course with the heat of this summer, I am looking forward to some cooler temps.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Catherine Lee said...

Many years ago, after college, I moved from NJ to St. Pete, FL. I laughed at the seniors who wore coats, parkas even, with mittens when the temps dipped into the 60s. I thought it was hysterical. I still live in the South, but we have more change of season than in FL. Fall can't get here soon enough for me. I love the beach when it's cooler and the tourists are gone.
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

Debby said...

I dislike the intense heat. Need to remember that when I plan a vacation.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Chynarey said...

Hope your trip to Cancun was awesome... I've actually read both of those books and they were GREAT...
I understand about the heat, i'm in hot and humid texas.
caiidynsmommie at gmail dot com

Karen H in NC said...

Your post put me in mind of living in Michigan. In winter, there is such a thing called 'January Thaw' which means for a few days in the middle of January, the temps might reach as high as 40 (maybe even 45)! The winds are usually from the south and balmy. The sun is shining and it's warm. I've even seen people with convertibles riding around with the tops down! It's a welcomed relief from the long, cold, snowy winter. Sort of a 'quicky summer break' before the rest of winter sets in! I don't miss it.

kareninnc at gmail dot com