Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: Jennifer Shirk


The Ultimate Beach Reading

Hi, all! Jennifer here.

Every summer I have high hopes of getting some writing done, but come about mid July, I finally give up. I know. I’m weak like that. But Hubby is his own business owner so he likes to take a lot of days off in the summer, which ultimately means I take off a lot of days in the summer. 

And where do we spend our time? AT THE BEACH!

About six blocks away. **cough cough**

So this is when I get caught up on all the reading I’ve been meaning to do all year. That includes finally having a chance to read THE HUNGER GAMES (See? I’m a little behind) and Susan Elizabeth Phillips’ new book THE GREAT ESCAPE (didn’t start it yet, so no comments) and IN THE BAG by Kate Klise (really cute and the perfect beach read).

I have about fifteen more books to finish before school starts. Don’t judge me. I’m “refilling the well”, so to speak, so I don’t feel too guilty about not writing. And now…

I have the ultimate beach chair to lounge and read to my little heart’s content!

Check this out:

I saw this chair in a Frontgate catalogue and knew I HAD to have it. If you live at the beach and do a lot of reading, you need the ultimate beach chair. (Although, it’s more like a sofa) My friends call me “the queen” when they see me lounging on it. (But they’re jealous)

What I really like about it is that it’s LIGHT. It folds up nicely and has a shoulder strap. And because I don’t like a lot of sun on my face it has a handy little visor I can put it up to block out the sun and reduce the glare on my books. If that’s not the ultimate in beach reading, I’m not sure what is. 

How about you? Do you have a favorite beach or pool chair?

Do you find you read more or less books in the summer?

About the Author:
Jennifer Shirk has a bachelor degree in pharmacy-which has in NO WAY at all helped her with her writing career. But she likes to point it out, since it shows romantic-at-hearts come in all shapes, sizes, and mind-numbing educations.

She writes sweet (and sometimes even funny) romances for Samhain Publishing, Avalon Books/Montlake Romance and soon to be Entangled Publishing.

She resides in a beach resort in NJ, and when she's not working on her tan or writing, she's taking care of her most treasured possessions: her husband, daughter, and four hermit crabs.

Find Jennifer online at






Sunnyva “Sunny” Fletcher is a firm believer in fairy tales. With the recent debt she’s acquired, the hope of something magical happening in her life is the only thing keeping her going. She needs a job fast. So when Sunny learns the sexy new vacationer in town is looking for a nanny, she starts to believe she just may have a fairy godmother after all!

Internet guru Sam Calloway is only in town for the summer and needs a nanny for his two small children. However, the beautiful and inexperienced Sunny is not exactly the kind of caregiver Sam has in mind. It doesn’t take long for Sunny’s tenderhearted and bubble-blowing ways to soon have the children—and Sam—enamored with her. She’s a dream come true. But after what Sam’s been through, he’s stopped believing in fairy tales long ago.

Sunny manages to work her way into Sam’s closed-off heart, but at the end of the summer, will the workaholic dad go back to his life in New York City, or will he decide his days are much sunnier here with Sunny?


Ingeborg said...

You are very lucky to live so close to the beach. I love the beach but don't get to go there very often. I read a little more in the winter because I'm stuck indoors more. I hate the cold weather.

Debby said...

I really like that chair. I think I need one. It is the visor I like.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Jean MP said...

Wow that is some chair, I wonder if I can convince my husband we need something like that for our patio! I find I am doing more reading this summer, probably because it is so hot, nicer to stay in the airconditioning.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Hywela Lyn said...

Love that chair! Although I'm not a great beach-lover, it would be nice in the garden - if it ever gets warm enough to sit outside that is! :)