Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: C.H. Admirand

Photobucket
Congratulations to Ingeborg


C.H. is giving one lucky commenter on this post autographed copies of her hot cowboy trilogy: Tyler, Dylan, and Jesse.


When I was a kid, we lived for summer vacation. Long lazy days…endless hours to do whatever we wanted…well, that is after our chores were finished. ;0) We lived in a small neighborhood—Cedar Hill…named for the trees that grew in abundance there—a wonderful place to grow up. If I wasn’t tagging along behind my older brother, I was riding my bike all around the hill or meeting friends up at the big rock—a massive boulder at the end of our street and neighbor’s driveway. When we were in grade school, we could fit three little backsides on top of that rock. Arguments were started and resolved at the special meeting place.


But the highlight was always our family vacation. Our parents took the four of us—my older brother, myself, and two younger sisters—all over the United States visiting historic places…for our mom…and staying in a hotel…for my dad who was a big fan of indoor plumbing and not camping!


I remember a few days before we would leave, our mom would tell us to wear our bathing suits while she washed and packed the clothes for our trip. The three girls and mom shared the big green suitcase, while dad and our brother shared a much smaller one.


Dad had thirty-two sweet teeth and to tide us over between meals had a huge white paper bag filled with homemade lollipops from Nagel’s Candy Barn. He loved those suckers as much as we did—maybe more—I don’t remember mom having as many. She was the keeper of the Dentyne gum…back then it came in one flavor…cinnamon! By the time vacation was over, we’d be ready to sleep in our own beds, had run out of clothes and were down to a handful of lollipops…usually rootbeer because it wasn’t until years later that I discovered rootbeer floats…the perfect summertime drink. ;0)


One thing was always a part of my summers, reading! When mom couldn’t take us to the library in town, I didn’t worry because the bookmobile would park at North Island…just a mile walk from our house. I always found something to read. When we were really little, I remember the four of us getting into our pjs and running next door to our great aunt and uncle’s house. We’d sit in their screen porch while our great aunt would read poems and pirate stories to us. My dad was a huge reader, and got such a kick out of picking out our favorite authors and buying books for us.


Fast forward to the 90s…our three kids had much busier lives between three different soccer teams, church camp and vacation bible school, and annual dues for our lake community, there wasn’t any time or funds left for summer vacation. But we did always give them their choice, swimming at our lake, soccer and camp always won.


Our kids had the summer reading program at school, but always found the time to read for pleasure, something we always encouraged. My hubby and I read to them as babies, starting with chubby board books with pictures, Nursery Rhymes, and Little Golden Books. I remember being exhausted and just wanting our darlings to go to bed, so I was leaving out words here and there. Our oldest put his hand to the page and told me that wasn’t how the story went…busted by a toddler! I was so proud. As they got older, they devoured our collection of our favorite books that include classics, sci-fi, Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys…but I’m the only Romance Reading fanatic in the house.


This summer has been a summer of deadlines, for which I am so grateful! What better way to spend the summer than babysitting our grandbaby and writing Romance?


Happy Reading!!!


C.H. Admirand


About the Author: C.H. was born in Aiken, South Carolina, but her parents moved back to northern New Jersey where she grew up, which if you’ve met her would explain a lot. She’s always had her nose in a book, has traveled the world over, and even tested the time-space continuum, thanks to the awesome power of the written word. One of her writing quirks is that she loves to include bits and pieces of her ancestors and ancestry in all of her books.

JESSE, the 3rd book in her Hot Cowboy Series, the Secret Life of Cowboys released July 3rd; A WEDDING IN APPLE GROVE, the first book in her Small Town USA series from Sourcebooks, debuts November 1st, her very first digital comic, BRING ‘EM BACK ALIVE, releases March 1, 2013 with a special print edition available May 1st during the Graphic & E-Book Expo at the Romantic Times Book Lovers Convention in Kansas City, MO. ONE DAY IN APPLE GROVE, book 2 in her Small Town USA series will release in June 2013. For more information, please visit her website http://www.chadmirand.com.

With 8 short stories and 14 novels to her credit, this award-winning, multi-published author’s books are available in paperback, hardcover, trade paperback, magazine, e-book, and coming soon…digital comic format!

Website: http://www.chadmirand.com

Blog: http://www.romanceauthor-chadmirand.blogspot.com

Social Networking – Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/CHAdmirand

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CH.Admirand

Facebook Author Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/CH-Admirand/493436157349635


Buy Links:
http://www.amazon.com/Jesse-The-Secret-Life-Cowboys/dp/1402265190/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334937168&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/Dylan-Secret-Life-Cowboys-Admirand/dp/1402258070/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_4
http://www.amazon.com/Tyler-The-Secret-Life-Cowboys/dp/1402243758/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1339431746&sr=1-3


16 comments:

Carol M said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful summer! My mom also took us to the library every week. I couldn't get enough of reading even then. Nancy Drew was my favorite series! Your cowboy series sounds really good!

C.H. Admirand said...

Happy 5th Anniversary Marianne & Judy!! Thanks for the reminder that the blogs were on a time schedule today. I thought I'd lost it! Well, I did...but that was years and years ago...according to my DH.

Carol M said...

Sorry I forgot my email address.
mittens0831 at aol dot com

elizabeth keckler said...

I Loved Tyler, am reading Dylan right now and Loving it too..<3 can't wait to read a Wedding in Apple Grove it sounds Great.. thanks for the chance to win..<3 elizabethkeckler@yahoo.com

C.H. Admirand said...

Hi Carol M. - Hurray for Mom's that understand what a treasure trove the library is...especially for kids.

I used to devour Nancy Drew books...my dad loved buying books for us and used to keep a running list of our favorite authors. :)
My all time favorite ND is The Ghost of Blackwood Hall. :)

Thanks for the kind words about my cowboy series. I LOVED writing this series and am hoping to start a spin-off series with a few of the Garahan cousins.

C.H. Admirand said...

Hey Elizabeth!!! Thanks so much for loving Tyler and for posting to FB about Dylan. Until I wrote Jesse's story...Dylan was my favorite...but then again...before I wrote Dylan..Tyler was my favorite! LOL :)

Barbara E. said...

Loved the post, and I too loved summer so I could read as much as I wanted. We had a summer reading contest at the library, and my little marker always went off the page because I'd read three times the number of books they expected. :D I love cowboy stories and I'm looking forward to reading about your cowboys C.H.

C.H. Admirand said...

Thanks, Barbara E! Didn't you just love the fact that you could lose yourself for hours at a time between those pages? You can read excerpts from each of the Garahan brothers' books on my website www.chadmirand.com.

Ingeborg said...

Your family vacations sound like fun and visiting historic places was also educational.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Debby said...

Your summers sound like mine as a child. I really do miss them. I tried to give my kids the same. Never know if we succeeded or not.
debby236 at gmail dot com

katsrus said...

What a great summer. Seems like times were much simplier when I was a kid. We always got to visit my aunts and uncles about 3hrs away.
Sue B
katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

C.H. Admirand said...

Hi Ingeborg ~ we didn't realize how tricky our mom was until we got older...it was educational:)

C.H. Admirand said...

Hi Debby ~ we did too at first, until we realized there were so many more things available for our kids than when my hubby and I were growing up, at times we worried there were toooo many things for them to do. But we did try to give them a choice. :)

C.H. Admirand said...

Hi Katsrus!I was lucky to grow up right next door to my great aunt and uncle and my grandparents two doors down! We had our own little enclave. My other grandparents lived in Florida so we got to see them when they drove up each summer. My dad's brothers were in Nashville and West Virginia, so we had relatives near and far:)

It's funny that you don't realize what you have when you're little.

Karen H in NC said...

Sound like you had a storybook childhood. Lovely tale of your summers with family.

kareninnc at gmail dot com

C.H. Admirand said...

Hi Karen H...we were really lucky as kids, especially to have relatives right next door. It was like having three houses and yards to play in. :)