Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Anniversary Blog Fest: Alicia Dean

Photobucket





I’ve been to some amazing places over the years, and there are tons of places I’d still like to visit (Australia, Green Bay, Paris, Italy, Maine, Switzerland, Vermont, Hawaii…the list goes on and on – and it’s quite an eclectic grouping ), but my best vacations have been with family.

My sister and brother-in-law took me to Memphis to visit Graceland and Beale street on my fortieth birthday (years and years ago ). We had an incredible time, and for the next five years or so, the three of us went on annual trips to various vacation spots. One of those places was New Orleans, the year before Katrina. That was a special trip, partly because we otherwise would never have seen Bourbon Street and the French Quarter and some of the other sights as they looked before that awful day.

My very favorite vacations are the ones I took with my children. We didn’t usually go anywhere particularly exciting, but just relaxing with them and seeing the joy on their faces was more fun and satisfying than anything else. I loved taking my son to major league baseball games, especially in Cincinnati. He saw his idol, Ken Griffey, Jr., play and he met and got an autograph from Adam Dunn. That kind of thing doesn’t happen every day. I’ll always treasure the memories my children and I have made over the years. Sometimes we couldn’t afford to go very far and I’d rent a hotel room in a nearby town, or even in town, where we’d swim and watch movies and eat out and do all sorts of fun things. We were doing ‘Staycations’ long before they became trendy.

My kids are all grown now, and we have busy lives and don’t get to do the things we did when they were small, but I’m so thrilled that, when we can find the time, they still want to go on trips with me. I guess that means we’re still making memories together, and I wouldn’t trade that for anything in the world.

About the Author:

Alicia Dean lives in Edmond, Oklahoma, and is the mother of three grown children. Alicia loves creating spine-chilling stories that keep readers on the edge of their seats. She's a huge Elvis Presley fan, and loves MLB and the NFL. If you look closely, you'll see a reference to one or all three in pretty much everything she writes. If she could, she would divide all her time between writing, watching her favorite television shows-such as Dexter, Vampire Diaries, Justified, and True Blood-and reading her favorite authors...Stephen King, Dennis Lehane, Michael Connelly, Lee Child, and Lisa Gardner to name a few.

Find Alicia online at

Website and Blog: AliciaDean.com
Twitter: @Alicia_Dean_


Crimson Romance: http://bit.ly/NsRLry

Nook: http://bit.ly/Oz93Am


8 comments:

Ingeborg said...

I would love to go to Graceland one day.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Alicia Dean said...

I've been a few times. It's amazing. There's something magical there, I swear. Thanks for stopping by!

Leah St. James said...

Sounds perfectly wonderful. I'll bet those are special memories for your children, too.

RT Wolfe said...

Alicia,
Thank you for sharing your touching story about your family. I can see where your talent for creating lasting connections between the characters you create must come from. I loved Lady in the Mist and am looking forward to Soul Seducer!
-R.T. Wolfe
www.rtwolfe.com

Debby said...

I would love to visit Australia and New Zealand. Traveling with children is so much fun. We have some amazing memories. Not all of them are happy but who can forget the flat tire or the hotel room without hot water.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Karen H in NC said...

I see we like the same TV programs and I grew up with Elvis so I'm a fan of his too! Graceland is amazing! Enjoyed reading your summer memories.

kareninnc at gmail dot com

Alicia Dean said...

I hope the kids cherish the memories as much as I do. My son called me today to let me know Adam Dunn hit is 400th home run, and during the phone call, we reminisced about our trips, so yes, I believe the memories will last a lifetime for all of us.

Thank you, R.T., what a lovely thing to say. I hope you enjoy Soul Seducer.

LOL, Debby. I've certainly experienced my share of mishaps during trips. I try not to think about those. :-)

Hey, Karen...we're like twin souls, right? Nice to 'meet' someone who shares my passions.

Thanks to each of you for popping in. Have a fantastic week!

Diane Burton said...

Terrific memories. I'm sure you cherish them. Very nice post.