Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Monday, July 9, 2012

GUEST BLOG: TAMELIA TUMLIN

Photobucket




Greetings from Louisiana,



I’d like to thank LASR for this opportunity to be a guest on their website. It is an honor to be here.


I’m an author for Steel Magnolia Press which is owned and operated by my aunt who is the Steel Magnolia of Women’s Fiction herself- Jennifer Blake.


I am also an elementary school teacher who tries to instill the love of writing and reading into my fourth grade students. This can be a challenge at times since children do not generally care for the writing process. Most of them would rather have a root canal than edit and rewrite their essays, but in the end –after grumbles and complaints- we usually fare pretty well. I’m hoping I’ll see one or more of my student’s names on the New York Times bestsellers list one day. Now, that would be a treat.


My third passion, after reading and writing, is traveling. Honestly, there must be gypsy blood in me somewhere, because I am always ready for a road trip. This summer I’m taking my son to Disney World and I’m not quite sure who is more excited-me or him. Look out, Mickey! Here we come! In February, I will be going on a cruise (my first) to Cozumel with my son and several of my co-workers from school. My fellow teachers and staff are a lively bunch so Mexico may never be the same after we invade the beautiful island of Cozumel. Of course, I’m already thinking about future trips and where I would like to go next. Europe sounds nice and so does the Bahamas. See? I told you I must have gypsy blood. I don’t think I’d ever get tired of traveling which is one of the reasons I love to read and to write. Books can take you places you’ve never been before, including other realms.


For example, in my novella, A Dragon’s Seduction, my hero is a dragon shifter from another realm who must join forces with his sworn enemy- a sorceress who’s given up her Magik, but now must find a way to harness it again to help the hero fight a malevolent dragon. This novella is the first of a series called the Gatekeepers. The Gatekeepers are four dragon shifters who guard the cardinal portals to their home realm, Jarithia. A Dragon’s Seduction is the water dragon’s story. I’m working on the next novella in the series now. This one will be the air dragon’s story and so far I’m having a blast writing it.


In my book, Catering to the Italian Playboy, my heroine travels to my hero’s native land, Italy where she discovers love can conquer all even after her humiliating faux pas.


As a child, I can remember getting lost in some wonderful books and feeling as if I’d really been there after reading them. My favorites were the old Nancy Drew series and oddly enough Paddington Bear. But, as I grew older and became a teenager I discovered Harlequin Romances and absolutely loved getting lost in those exotic settings with the hero and heroine. I get that same feeling now when I write about magical or foreign places, so I’m still a firm believer in the fact reading and writing takes you places. Now, the question is, have you been anywhere in a good book lately?


Once again, I’d like to thank LASR for having me. It has been fun blogging with you all today. Be sure to visit Steel Magnolia Press to enter our monthly contest and to discover some really great books by some fabulous southern authors.


About the Author:
Tamelia Tumlin sold her first story to Dogwood Tales Magazine many years ago while taking a creative writing course in college. The short story titled "The Traveler" was the feature story for that edition. After graduating college in elementary education, life, a teaching career and a wonderful son consumed most of her time. However, in the past couple of years, the yearning to pen fabulous romantic tales of to-die-for heroes and spirited heroines has taken over. Ms. Tumlin has worked with several online publishers, but she is now writing for Steel Magnolia Press. Juggling motherhood, teaching and writing is a challenge, but one she welcomes to pursue her passion. Her novels range from sweet and sassy to dark and dangerous.


Find Tamelia online at:


www.TameliaTumlin.com

https://www.facebook.com/tamelia.tumlin

https://twitter.com/#!/tameliatumlin





It was humiliating! How could caterer Sophie Westbrook ever face the sexy Italian hotel tycoon again after the way she’d practically thrown herself at him six years earlier…and ended up in his bed? Yet here she was back in his hotel wearing only a G-string and a smile.


Maximus Rinaldi is not pleased to find a half-naked exotic dancer in the middle of his business meeting…until he discovers she’s the mystery woman he shared one unbelievable night with years ago. Max is determined to win her back into his bed, but Sophie has a secret that might just turn the sexy Italian playboy’s life upside down!





Firefighter and Gatekeeper Brayden St. John guards the Northern portal to Jarithia the same way he fights fires: with honor, bravery and his own set of rules. But when the dragonshifter meets a certain lovely sorceress, he soon learns that rules are meant to be broken. Even his rules.


Sorceress Callie Gautreaux, owner of Ribbons and Roses Flower Shop, walked away from her powerful family and her Magik years ago. Now, as a malevolent wizard invokes a rogue Chaos dragon to terrorize the streets of New Orleans, she must join forces with her sworn enemy – an ultra-sexy dragonshifter – and face her past in order to save the humans. But can she save her heart from the dragon's charm?



.

1 comment:

Ingeborg said...

I enjoyed the interview and learning more about you.
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com