Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

GUEST BLOG: PATRICIA YAGER DELAGRANGE

Photobucket

Leave a comment to be entered into a drawing for an ebook copy of Moon Over Alcatraz.



Top 5 Items on Patricia Yager Delagrange's Bucket List



Number one would have to be finding an agent to represent me and my books. I started writing in 2009 and I know that it’s very, very difficult to find an agent to represent you right now. Agents don’t want to take a chance on a new writer but would rather stick with a “tried and true” author who has an established fan base and has sold a ton of books. But I will not stop sending out query letters and perhaps one day someone will trust my talent enough to offer me a contract.


Number two would be going on a vacation around Martha’s Vineyard. For as long as I can remember, I have been intrigued by that area of the United States and I love reading stories that take place there. I love the beach and have lived on the coast of California my entire life, except for the two years I lived in Corvallis, Oregon, while working for my Master’s degree at Oregon State University. During those two years I could probably count on one hand how many days were not rainy and/or depressingly overcast. Plus I felt claustrophobic living that far inland. It was about thirty minutes to the coast and I felt too landlocked living in Corvallis.


Number three would be (maybe) parachuting out of an airplane. I wanted to do this before I had kids. Then I changed my mind because I didn’t want to take the chance of leaving them without a mother. But now that they’re 18 and 13, maybe someday down the road I’ll try it.


Number four would be seeing how it would feel to take a horse over a few jumps. I own a big, full-bodied almost-draft Friesian horse who would never jump a rail unless he thought a lion was going to eat him. So, I probably couldn’t do it with my own horse. But I’d love to see how it feels do jump over a rail on a horse. I get a thrill every time I ride my horse Maximus. Working with a 1,425-pound animal can be scary yet exciting at the same time.


Number five would be taking a slow, lazy ride on an old-fashioned paddlewheel boat down a river. I don’t like boats that go on the ocean because the waves make me sick. However, I think it might be fun to take a leisurely ride down the river on a boat powered solely by a paddlewheel. I think they might have had one, or still have one, at Disneyland in Southern California that I took a ride on as a kid. But I’m not sure if there are any left.


About the Author:
Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, I attended St. Mary’s College, studied my junior year at the University of Madrid, received my B.A. in Spanish at UC Santa Barbara then went on to get my Master’s degree in Education at Oregon State University. I live with my husband and two teenage children in Alameda, across the bay from San Francisco, along with our two very large chocolate labs, Annabella and her son Jack.


My horse lives in the Oakland hills in a stall with a million dollar view.


Take a look at the video of Moon Over Alcatraz:






Brandy Chambers was looking forward to the birth of her first child. She and Weston move from San Francisco to the small town of Alameda to start a family, she’s writing her second book, and Weston has a fantastic job working on the Oakland-San Francisco Bay Bridge project. Having this baby would make her already-wonderful life perfect.


But when the baby dies after a difficult birth, Brandy’s perfect life blows up in her face. Stricken with grief, she and Weston pull apart. This new distance leads them both to disaster. Not until a chance encounter with her high school friend, Edward Barnes, does Brandy pull herself together. Brandy and Weston agree to recommit to each other, striving to forgive infidelity and recreate their previous existence.


Everything is once again going according to plan--until Brandy discovers she’s pregnant. While she struggles to cope with this new obstacle, Edward Barnes returns to town and discovers she’s having a baby, while Weston is torn between his love for his wife and his anger at her betrayal. Can Brandy manage to keep her marriage to Weston together? Will Edward be a part of Brandy’s life if she and Weston separate?

Buy the book at:


MUSA: http://musapublishing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=150

AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Over-Alcatraz-ebook/dp/B006UJEE3E/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1327940072&sr=1-1

BARNES & NOBLE: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/moon-over-alcatraz-patricia-yager-delagrange/1108112331?ean=2940032996682&itm=1&usri=moon+over+alcatraz








5 comments:

Nicholas Genovese said...

Patti,
We have lots of paddlewheel boats in New Orleans. Have you thought of making a trip? Also, I agree with you on parachuting, I'd like to give it a try myself. Moon has a great cover and the excerpt is enticing.
Nick

Patricia said...

Hey Nick! Thanks for commenting. I've never been to New Orleans, though I love to read books in that venue. I guess I find it so intriguingly different from my home state that is's mesmerizing.
Maybe some day, eh?
Patti

Annie Seaton said...

Patti
I loved this story!
I also love your wish list...you are braver than me. Jump out of a plane... just couldn't do it!
Tell us when you do!
Annie

Margaret said...

I'm too big of a wuss to jump out of an airplane. I can just see myself up there with the window open, freaking out. But I know several people who've tandem jumped and they say it's incredible.

The paddle wheel sounds like it's more my speed. (I get seasick too.) I bet there's still a few rolling down the Mississippi River, don't you think?

Catherine Lee said...

Thanks for sharing the video. Nice.