Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

GUEST BLOG: JILL SHALVIS


Photobucket



Leave a comment for a chance to win a copy of At Last, US and Canada only please.


Hello, everybody. And thank you Long and Short Reviews for having me visit today!


It’s been a Lucky Harbor summer, with the chocoholics trilogy coming out, and I’ve been having a ball chatting with readers about their favorite characters, I recently held a poll on my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/jillshalvis), asking which Lucky Harbor hero was their favorite. Oh boy, did I start something! Hundreds of people replied, and to my shock, there was no clear winner between Jax, Ford, Sawyer, Ty, Matt and Josh.


For me, my favorite is usually the hero I’m currently writing, but I can admit to having a big soft spot for Matt Bowers from AT LAST. He’s a badass forest ranger who stops to help a damsel in distress. Except she’s no damsel in distress. She’s waitress Amy Michaels, beautiful, tough, jaded … and she is in desperate need of rescuing. She just doesn’t know it yet. But my favorite scene is definitely where she has to save Matt – and no I’m not telling you more. You’ll have to read it. :-)


Or maybe my favorite character is overworked, exhausted ER doc Josh Scott, who’s on the very edge of burnout. He’s got his practice, his young son, his wheelchair-bound sister, and a crazy puppy. Not to mention the weight of the world on his shoulders from taking care of everyone in his life. Enter dog walker Grace Brooks, who in a turn of events saves Josh for a change, in more ways than one.


How about you, do you have a favorite hero, mine or otherwise? .Join me at my daily blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. I’d love to know what you think!


Best wishes and happy reading,


Jill


www.jillshalvis.com/blog

www.facebook.com/jillshalvis

About the Author:
New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly bestselling author Jill Shalvis is the award-winning author of dozens of romance novels, including her popular Lucky Harbor books—Simply Irresistible, The Sweetest Thing, Head Over Heels, Lucky in Love, At Last and the upcoming Forever and a Day. She has been honored with the prestigious Romance Writers of America’s RITA Award for Simply Irresistible, and is a three-time recipient of the National Readers Choice awards. Recently, her book Animal Magnetism was named a Booklist Top Ten Romance Fiction list for 2011.


A voracious reader of a wide range of fiction, including romance, Jill aspired to be a journalist. She says “I got sidetracked in college with journalism, and it took a few years to realize I was meant for fiction, not nonfiction, but once I got there, I never looked back.” She sold her very first manuscript.


Jill’s writing day begins at six in the morning so that she can write before her family gets up. She points out that “if I so much as wake up the dog, it’s over, ” and says her favorite things about writing are “being at home in my pjs while working, being able to be there for the kids and raiding the refrigerator whenever I fell like it.”


A “misplaced city girl,” she lives with her family near Lake Tahoe, where she is working on her next book, writing her blog and awaiting the July 31 publication of her next Lucky Harbor novel, FOREVER AND A DAY.






3 comments:

Debby said...

Now I want ti read the books and find out she saves him.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Ingeborg said...

My hero changes with each book I read.LOL
Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

Na said...

I don't have just one favorite hero, I have many! Thankfully there is always room for me to love one more. I like heroes who are strong, smart, loyal and loving. If a hero has these traits then they are likely to appeal to me.

Cambonified[at]yahoo[dot]com