Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

GUEST BLOG: MARIANNE WILLIS

Photobucket



Writing Save Me Sinfully



When I began writing Save Me Sinfully, which was titled My Guardian Demon at the time, I was considering a story about a demon wishing to redeem himself. I started researching about angels and demons and found some useful information from online sites like Wikipedia. Then I came across this interesting image.




This picture made me question what it would be like for a man who was half angel and half demon. How tormented would he be by his demon half, how considerate would his angel side allow him to be?


So, I worked on a draft. Honestly, I had no idea where the story was going at the time. I was trying to make my hero a dark, depressing man, but as I typed him, he was the opposite. Yes, Deacon Samuels is still dark, but he’s witty, and charming, and downright devious. It was then I decided he doesn’t want to redeem himself. He simply wants to be who he is.


I still needed something to make the plot work. I had to give him motive, a drive to make him feel complete; immortality. What else would a womanizing half-breed want?


So I had my hilarious hero, and his motive…it was now time for the heroine. She had to be honest, had to be pure at heart and the complete opposite to my hero. I believe I managed to make Angela all those things and more.


These characters were so much fun to write. The journey with them is something I will never forget. I love that they are not perfect, I love how they clash, and I love how it’s the two of them against the world. As their story progressed, I learned a lot about my own characters and like a puzzle, every piece fell into place. This is my first time being published. I’m enjoying the experience and can’t wait to get more of my work out there.





Alluring as an angel and devious as a demon, he is Deacon Samuels...a Deprecari.


The righteous archangels are finally prepared to give him immortality. About damn time! But nothing comes easy and Deacon must work for it. Protect church-loving librarian Angela Corbett from the demons chasing her and immortality is his. Simple? Not really…


Unlike Deacon, who has accepted both his angelic and demonic instincts, Angela wants no part of evil. She may be a Deprecari, but that doesn’t mean she has to give in to the darkness.


Together, they encounter a desire so hot not even Hell can handle the heat. But just how far will Deacon go to protect Angela, and in doing so could he ultimately risk his chance at immortality?


Watch the video:




Save Me Sinfully is available through The Wild Rose Press as an ebook on July 6.


Paperback available at The Wild Rose Press and Amazon.


Find the Author online at:


Blog http://marianne-willis.blogspot.com.au

Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/WillisMarianne

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marianne-Willis/41356790865559

1 comment:

Debby said...

Sounds like an amazing book. I love reading and researching.
debby236 at gmail dot com