Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Monday, May 21, 2012



My Heart and My Home

Good morning! Thank you for having me today. I always enjoy visiting your fabulous site. I look forward to comments and questions from your readers.

Today I want to talk about my favorite place to live and that is my home and my heart. My heart is, and will always be, where my fabulous husband is. I've lived in Alabama, Connecticut, and New Hampshire. Right now, my home is Florida, and I love it. I enjoy the hot summers, the beaches, and the view from my condo balcony at sunset. I enjoy sipping wine next to my husband as we watch the sun shimmer into the ocean late in the afternoons.
Of course we historical authors love to describe stately manors houses on sprawling estates and castles filled with servants to take care of every need. Those places are quite nice to visit in books. But, do we ever remember a book for its setting? No, we always remember the hero and heroine, and how they found each other, fell in love, and lived happily ever after. Wherever they are on the last page of the book is where we leave our hearts, too. Romance is a journey of finding true love and once you have found that, you have your heart and your home no matter where you live.

Of course, if I could have a fantasy place to live, it might surprise you to know where mine would be. Several years ago, my husband and I took a trip to Tanzania, Africa, and stayed at The Ngorongoro Crater Lodge which sits on the rim of the crater. The view was so incredible. I still visualize it just perfectly in my mind. It truly was a gift of nature, and a place to be awed and inspired by. I was thinking just the other day that the most wonderful thing about being an author is that I feel free to indulge myself in daydreaming, and I have to admit I enjoy it. But, at the end of the day, I’m happy to be at home.

I hope you will check out my new book A Gentleman Says “I Do” which is on sale now at your favorite local or online bookstore. Here’s a short synopsis of the story for you to enjoy.

Iverson Brentwood has finally met his match. Catalina Crisp heats his blood like no other in his history as a confirmed bachelor. She is the most beautiful and alluring young lady he’s ever encountered, and her lovely countenance has stopped him dead in his tracks. But no matter how attracted he is to the intriguing Catalina, he can’t give into his desire to possess her in every way… for she is the daughter of the man he’s sworn to destroy.

Catalina’s father is a well-known poet and a writer, but wastrel whose disappearances continuously put their household one step away from destitution. Something drastic must change, so it is with quill in hand, that Catalina completes her father’s latest parody of the twins Iverson and Matson Brentwood’s spectacular arrival in London. When the writing hit the streets and parlors of London, it’s not long before a darkly handsome man is at her door, looking for her father.

Seeing the dashing rogue in the flesh, Catalina wishes she could write her way out of Iverson Brentwood’s life. And yet, for a bewildering moment as her heartbeat races and her throat goes dry, dallying with the rake seems like the perfect fictional escape—and it’s all she can do not to throw her arms around him and give into the madness of the intriguing man.
I love to hear from readers. Please feel free to contact me at, or


Amelia said...


Thank you for having me at Long and Short Reviews today. I always enjoy being here.

I would love to hear from some of you. Comments or questions--your choice!


Barbara E. said...

I've been seeing A Gentleman Says "I Do' around the internet, and the more I hear about it, the more eager I am to read it. I love the premise of the writer running up against her father's sworn enemy, it sounds like sparks are going to fly. :D

Karen H in NC said...

Hi Amelia,

I have a few of your backlist books on my ever growing TBR shelves and I'm always looking to add more! So far, the only work I've read is A Hint of Seduction and I loved it.

I like the sounds of your latest and I was wondering about the names you've given your main characters. Iverson, Matson and Catalina are not names I heard/read before so what inspired you to use those particular names?