Woot! This is the last stop on a fabulous tour, and I’m thrilled to be spending it with you! I love that I’m ending with something fun. Personally, I always enjoy reading personal tidbits about the authors I read—brings them a little closer to real for me.
I’m about as down to earth and real as it gets, so I’m going to open the book of What You May Not Know About Me up and give you the top 10. I know many of you don’t know me at all…lol…but I’m going to try to dig up some things that you won’t even find online. Okay a few might be, but I’m really not that exciting or intense, so I have to get them wherever I can. :-)
1. Once upon a time, I owned an indie bookstore named Nooks & Crannies New & Used Books. It only lasted a year and a half, but it was the coolest place—very eclectic with little sitting areas I made with some used furniture, and big bean bag chairs and a homemade arch made by my dad over the children’s storytime chair. Broke my heart when it went under, but it gave me this writing bug so I suppose it served its purpose.
2. I really really suck at any sportish activity requiring aim. Bowling…gutter. Darts…wall. Pool…hit every ball but mine. I can shoot pretty well, but that’s because that’s just twitching my finger and because I’m from Texas. They kick you out if you can’t shoot. ;)
3. Nope, I’m not related to her.
4. Have anxiety on tall bridges. It’s not the height, really, although that’s part of it. It’s the unbalance I think…the angle of going up and not seeing the other side, just sky. I plan around them. *shiver*
5. I am a dog person. Through and through.
6. I have gone spelunking in a cave that no one knew about but one other person. It started as a rabbit hole under a tree…I kid you not…and went somewhere under a residential area in Austin, Texas. I scooted on my belly for what seemed forever, trying not to think about the things crawling around me, somersaulted through a hole, and ended up in a room the size of a house, with the most gorgeous untouched formations I’ve ever seen. I did this with four people, none of which had a camera handy, and I never saw those people again. I have no proof we did it except for the memory. And I’d never be able to find it again!
7. I like to write in longhand sometimes; it stirs up creativity somehow.
8. I nearly cut the tip of my right middle finger off when I was young, cutting up foam rubber into cubes so my mom could make homemade couch pillows from terrycloth towels.
9. I used to pretend I was the Bionic Woman when I was little, making all the ch-ch-ch-ch noises when I ran…in slow motion of course.
10. I really really love TV. DVR is the greatest invention ever created, and we live for checking out our recorded list every night to see what we have to watch. I have no inkling of what night anything actually comes on, because my awesome hubby sets all that up at the beginning of every season and I count on the DVR magic to make it all appear, ready and waiting for me.
Thanks for letting me babble!! Ask any questions you like—heck I told you about the Bionic Woman; what else could I have to hide? LOL! Hope you all enjoy the book!
About the Author:http://www.sharlalovelace.com, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/sharlalovelace, on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/sharlalovelace, and on Goodreads at http://www.goodreads.com/sharlalovelace.
Mischievous and sexy, Dani's old friend Alex still has the power to rock her world, but there's a big obstacle standing in their way—Alex has been dead for forty years. With a ghost popping up at inopportune moments and sparking conversations with her teenage daughter, Dani scrambles to find solid ground and get a grip—both on her sanity and her heart.