Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Friday, March 23, 2012


The Highlands - Home of the Half Naked Man
Amanda Forester

Thank you for inviting me today at Long and Short Reviews! So what is my favorite reason for writing about the Highlands? It has got to be the Highlanders! What's not to like? You have big burly, manly men, wearing kilts and (be still my heart) speaking with a Scottish accent. That about does it for me!

With the release of True Highland Spirit I now have a trilogy of books set in the 14th century Scottish Highlands.

In my most recent release, True Highland Spirit, Morrigan McNab learned to survive with a sword in her hand. Taking command, she is determined to protect her impoverished clan, no matter the cost. When an elusive French knight offers gold to fight against England, she joins the call to arms. Sparks fly on the battlefield as a forbidden passion smolders between Morrigan and Sir Dragonet. Yet Sir Dragonet holds a secret that will destroy the hope for a life together, and will make them rivals on a dangerous quest for a mysterious relic. As they fight beside each other against the English, and against each other to find the treasure, their love becomes a greater force than either can control.

In The Highlander's Sword Lady Aila Graham is destined for the convent until her brother’s death leaves her an heiress. Soon she is caught in the conflict between the hastily arranged marriage with a Highland warrior, the Abbot’s insistence that she take her vows, the Scottish Laird who kidnaps her, and the traitor from within who betrays them all. Her new husband, Padyn MacLaren, is a battle-hardened knight, scarred by betrayal, who seeks Aila’s fortune to save his clan. Yet the outwardly shy Aila is nothing he expected… and everything he needs.

In The Highlander's Heart Lady Isabelle escapes her murderous English husband only to be abducted by a Highland warrior and held for ransom. Her determination to break free from captivity is exceeded only by the passion growing between her and the Highland Laird. David Campbell plans to hold Isabelle for ransom as an easy way to line his pockets and return her back where she belongs, but he is unprepared for a feisty English lass with a penchant for finding trouble. Caught between rival clans bent on claiming the throne of Scotland, Campbell must choose a side, and a bride. Standing on the brink of war, Isabelle may be his only hope to save his clan, and his heart.

Don't you love all my book covers? They highlight my favorite thing about the Highlands - men in kilts! I'm sure men in the 14th Century ran around shirtless all the time. After all, it is so tropical in the Highlands, wandering about without a shirt makes total sense. And as for waxing their chests, what medieval man didn't do that pray tell?

What do you like to see on your romance covers? Men? Women? Scenery? Chest hair?? I want to know! Visit me also on Facebook, Twitter, or my website.



Barbara E. said...

My favorite romance covers are the clinch, with the man and woman. Besides that, I don't mind seeing a nice, hairless chest, especially with a tartan or kilt on a romance, that's always nice to see. I still have a problem with the headless bodies though, I'd kind of like my heroes and heroines to have a head. :D

Barbed1951 at aol dot com

Debby said...

I enjoy all sorts of covers. Usually I like more men than women. I loved the Highlands when I visited.
debby236 at gmail dot com