Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

GUEST BLOG: MARY BURTON

The BEFORE SHE DIES Playlist


When I write I need silence. TVs, people, music, or my miniature dachshunds can pull me out of the story if I’m knee deep in the fray trying to find the logical connections that I know link my characters, motivations, and the story plot. However, when I’m at the gym, in my car, or cooking silence is the last thing I want to hear. I want music. I want to feel connected. And I listen to music every chance I get.

What I’ve discovered is that when I’m plotting a book, I’m drawn to certain songs. I’m not sure why but some songs just ‘fit’ better with the current book. BEFORE SHE DIES was no exception. The emotions and sentiments attached to these songs really fit my hero and heroine Charlotte and Daniel. This couple can appear very reserved and cool in public but when they are alone it’s clear there is a lot of passion simmering between them.

Tell me what you think of my playlist. And be sure to let me know some of your favorite songs because I’m always on the lookout for a great song!

Thanks for letting me visit!

Unstoppable, Rascal Flats
Need You Now, Lady Antebellum
I Can’t Make You, Love Me Adele
Crazy Girl, Eli Young Band
I Don’t Want This Night to End, Luke Bryant
Rolling in the Deep, Adele
Big Girls Don’t Cry, Fergie
What Hurts the Most, Rascal Flatts

About the Author:
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Mary Burton’s romantic suspense novels include the just published Before She Dies, her two earlier Alexandria, Virginia set novels Senseless and Merciless, and her thrillers Dying Scream, Dead Ringer and I’m Watching You. All have been published as paperback originals by Zebra Books.

A Virginia native whose family’s Richmond roots run as deep as the nation’s, Mary was born, raised in, and raised her own family there. She graduated from Hollins University and began a career in marketing before writing her first novel, a historical romance, published in 2000. Eleven more novels and three novellas for Harlequin followed. In total, she has written nineteen novels and four novellas.

She is a graduate of the Henrico County Citizens Police Academy and the Richmond FBI Citizen’s Academy, and has participated in Sisters in Crime’s Forensic University program and the Writers Police Academy in Jamestown, North Carolina, where she attended seminars on undercover work, autopsies, and the theories behind why people kill.

When not killing people—the total is upwards of a dozen now—or researching, Mary can be found pursuing her second love, baking, practicing Astanga yoga, enjoying her family, playing with her miniature dachshunds Buddy and Bella, or pursuing her Baking & Pastry Arts Certificate at the University of Richmond.

Mary Burton writes full time. Her next suspense novel is The Seventh Victim, which will be published in February 2013.

www.MaryBurton.com, http://www.facebook.com/maryburtonfanpage, www.kensingtonbooks.com

BEFORE SHE DIES
Mary Burton
Zebra Books/Mass Market Original/Fiction
Photobucket

4 comments:

Debby said...

Hi Mary, I love suspense and will be looking for some of your books. Not sure how I missed you, My two daughter are in Virginia and love it. One is in Fairfax and the other at Virginia Tech.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Dawn said...

I like your playlist..some good musice there. Mine consists of Brendan James, Gavin DeGraw & Daughtry.

staniszeski3824@comcast.net

Dawn said...

I like your playlist..some good musice there. Mine consists of Brendan James, Gavin DeGraw & Daughtry.

staniszeski3824@comcast.net

Janet Pepsin said...

Hi, Mary,
Can I just say, I love that you are a country music fan! And an Adele fan (although I don't know too many women who aren't, lol.)

I am loving The Band Perry and Zac Brown Band right now. The Band Perry would be great for a moody piece set in Appalachia, and Zac Brown would be an interesting juxtaposition to a RomSuspense set in the Florida Keys, don't you think?

Janet