Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Stuff Your Stocking Blogfest: Sweet Tale Books

magine this dream (or memory). You’ve been able to shop in peace and quiet for months, laughing while wrapping the presents over Thanksgiving along with putting up all the decorations while playing fantastic Christmas music. (Here’s one for you that I just love; just make sure you listen until the end).



Christmas is fantastic for you in this dream, and you feel calm and happy, even getting all the food ready early.

On Christmas morning, you and your very happy family sit beside the Christmas tree near a fireplace in a wonderful home, all opening a mountain of gifts while drinking hot chocolate or coffee. The peace and laughter in the home is almost overwhelming as you all get exactly the gifts you want, regardless of price of financial constraints. It’s better than a Norman Rockwell picture, because you’re living it.

Man…wouldn’t that be wonderful? In reality, though, our Christmas is more like a whirlwind. We TRY to start shopping in September, but something always happens (like a list revision) to throw a wrench in that plan. Then on Christmas morning, the kids rip open presents that we usually have just finished wrapping, the dog’s barking because of all the activity, and the tree invariably falls over, knocking the hot chocolate all over the floor. Yeah. Welcome to my ‘peaceful’ Christmas.

But I have a solution. If your family members have access to a computer or a ebook reader, consider books for the holidays. You can even shop THAT morning and get them presents. I wish all presents would be that easy to buy…instant delivery. Can you imagine? You shop at 5:00 AM on Christmas morning, and by 5:01, they’re all at your door, all wrapped and ready to go by a magical Santa from UPS. Wow. Think we’ll ever get to that place?

If you want to go shopping at a cool place, have I got a deal for you!

First, I want to GIFT a book to you…a CHRISTMAS ROMANCE! Until December 30, go to http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/105446 and enter the code WD72F at checkout for a free copy of ebook A Dream to Share.

Next, I want to tell you about this VERY cool site:

http://sweettalebooks.com/christmasbooks.html


This page has a TON of Christmas-related books, of all heats and genres. It’s a one-stop Christmas shop!

For FIVE posters below, I will gift you one FREE ebook from the list on www.sweettalebooks.com/christmasbooks.html up to $3 for the ebook.

What a sweet deal!!! A free book for everyone, and a free book for five winners. You can’t beat that, because EVERYONE WINS! LOL!

30 comments:

Debby said...

Thanks for the free book
debby236 at gmail dot com

Markee Anderson said...

Good morning, everyone! Debby...you beat me getting here! LOL! But I'm in central time, so it's kind of early here.

I'll be drawing the winners of the five ebooks (Amazon gifting) on Dec. 31. So take your time and enjoy perusing the bookshelf!

When you enter your comment, make sure you put in your email. If you win, I'll also need the email used for your Amazon account, so I can gift it to you.

I'll be stopping in off and on today (Christmas shopping) so comment, comment, comment! :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

RoyalCheryl said...

Thank You. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone.

Markee Anderson said...

RoyalCheryl...don't forget to leave your email address so you can win! :)

Catherine Wolffe said...

Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful holiday!

shermainewilliams said...

This is why I love online shopping - let someone else take the strain!

Have a wonderful Christmas season!

Shermaine

sw@shermainewilliams.co.uk

Markee Anderson said...

I agree, Shermaine! Isn't it great? LOL!

Markee Anderson said...

Catherine Wolffe...leave your address so you can win! :)

Jean P said...

Thanks for the free book and those are great sites you posted, online shopping is the way to go these days.

Happy Holidays.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Markee Anderson said...

So true, Jean! I love online shopping! :)

Happy Holidays to you, too!

Na said...

Books make wonderful gifts. They really do keep on giving :) Thank you for the giveaway.

Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

Markee Anderson said...

So true, Na! I consider books as a great way to escape, to expand your horizons into other worlds. Love it! :)

Thanks!

wanda f said...

Thank you for the free book and the chance to win another its realy generous of you .Books are my favorite gift to get :)Happy Holidays

flanagan@mebtel.net

GladysMP said...

I enjoyed the video, but I have no e-reader.

shadow_kohler said...

Your so sweet! Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Happy holidays!
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

Markee Anderson said...

You, too, Shadow_kohler! :)

GladysMP said...

I have never experienced a Christmas tree falling over, but I have experienced some odd happenings. When I was young a girlfriend was visiting me and we decided to wrap each of the lights on the tree with cotton. It looked lovely. Later my older sister discovered all that cotton was scorching and she probably kept the house from burning down. Years later my grandmother lived with me after I was married and she had a pet parakeet that flew around in the house. He loved to perch on the Christmas tree, but, alas, he "christened" the big, round ball ornaments and they all had to be replaced the next year.

GladysMP said...

Christmas day has come and gone, but the decorations are still up and the tree is lit,so it still seems like Christmas. We had a nice family dinner and lots of friendly chatter. Looking forward to the New Year and wishing you a nice and peaceful one.

gladysmp @ att. net

Markee Anderson said...

I agree, Gladys, I'm looking forward to it, too. I hope you have a great one!

dee said...

Now on to the last holiday of the year! Then I can take a break. Whew!
Here's hoping I win a gift for me. ;)
ebayuser21@gmail.com

Markee Anderson said...

I agree...I'm almost 'holidayed' out, myself. LOL!

Frank said...

Thank you for the Christmas treat, Markee! Hope your celebrating was merry and memorable, too!

--flchen1, using DH's account to post
f dot chen at comcast dot net

Markee Anderson said...

Hey, 'Frank' (yeah...I more than understand!)! Glad you could join in! I hope you had wonderful celebrations, too! :)

Patti P said...

Thank you for the free read. You are so generous.
musicalfrog at comcast.net

Markee Anderson said...

Thank YOU for commenting, Patti P! :)

VampedChik said...

Thanks so much for the giveaway and the free read! Happy New Year!!!
-Amber
goodblinknpark@yahoo.com

Markee Anderson said...

Thanks, Amber!!! Happy New Year to you, too!!!

Markee Anderson said...

I forgot to draw winners yesterday, giving you an extra day to enter! So this morning, I'll be drawing the five winners of the free ebook (up to $3 in price.)

Happy New Year everyone!

Markee Anderson said...

And the winners of the books from the Christmas bookshelf are:

Jean P., Wanda F, Na, Debby, Shadow_kohler, and Na.

All winners should've gotten an email from me, but if not, please email me at markeeanderson@gmail.com.

And yes, I used random.org to get the winners for this contest, so it was completely random.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Markee Anderson said...

I wrote that wrong...Na didn't win twice. The five winners were:

Jean P
Wanda F
Debby
Shadow_kohler
Na

Sorry about that.