Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Stuff Your Stocking Blogfest: Stephanie Burkhart

Ah, the holidays. There's always something on the list. Time to refresh the Christmas Carols. Lights to put up. Decorations to hang. Christmas Cards to write. And the food. Let's not forget the Christmas munchies. I thought I'd share my Minty Meltaways recipe with you that I got from Weight Watchers. They're calorie friendly and full of minty goodness.

MINTY MELTAWAYS

COOKIES

1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp peppermint extract

GLAZE 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1-2 tbsp fat free milk
red food coloring


1. To make cookies place oven racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 350.

2. Combine flour, cornstarch, salt in a bowl. With an electric mixer on med speed, beat butter until creaming, about 1 min. Add confectioners sugar and peppermint extract, beat 4 mins. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mix, beating just until blended.

3. Form dough by tablespoonsfuls into 1 inch balls. Place balls on 2 large ungreased baking sheets 1 inch apart.

Bake until tops are firm 8-10 mins. Let cookies cool on baking sheets 3 mins., then transfer to racks and let cool completely.

4. To make the glaze, whisk confectioners sugar, 1 tbsp milk, and food coloring until smooth. Drizzle glaze evenly over cookies. Let stand until glaze sets about 30 mins. Cover and store at room temp up to 1 week.

About the Author: Stephanie Burkhart was born and raised in Manchester, New Hampshire. Wanting a great adventure, she joined the US Army as an MP and spent over 7 years in Germany. She left the Army in 1997 and works for LAPD as a 911 Dispatcher. Her favorite football team is the New England Patriots. She's married with two young sons and writes the following: paranormal, steampunk, fantasy, and contemporary romance as well as children's stories.

GIVEAWAY: Leave a comment here and tell me what your favorite Christmas Movie is. I'll come back and pick one winner random to receive a PDF ARC of my novella, "The Faberge Secret."

Elise Goodwin finds herself faced with danger when she learns the Faberge egg she's bought belongs to a Russian mogul, Dimitri Romanov, but is Dimitri playing a game with Elise's heart to get his heirloom back?

BOOK TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5ujOoDRXs

FIND ME ON THE WEB:

WEBSITE: http://www.stephanieburkhart.com

TWITTER: http://twitter.com/StephBurkhart

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stephanie-Burkhart-Author/149938795021166

GOOD READS: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4031660.Stephanie_Burkhart

20 comments:

Clare Revell said...

It's a toss up between two Christmas movies. Miracle on 34th Street and Eve's Christmas.

telsiacharis at yahoo dot co dot uk

Nancy G said...

My traditional favorite Christmas movie is It's a Wonderful Life, and my modern one is The Holiday-I never get tired of these two and watch them every time they are on. Thanks for the yummy recipe-need to try it for the next holiday party.

nancyg@ gmail dot com

Nancy G said...

And I left the wrong email here-it should be nancyg5997@ gmail dot com. Crazy busy today.

Dawn said...

A Christmas Carol is my fav..Your cookie recipe sounds great..Thanks for sharing!

staniszeski3824@comcast.net

Jean P said...

All time favorite Christmas movie is Miracle on 34th Street. Your recipe sounds delicious, my husband loves mint anything, so I am going to make sure I try this recipe.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Debby said...

I would love to see a Faberge Egg. Right now my favorite movie is The Christmas Card.
debby236 at gmail dot com

CelticAmazon said...

I have to watch A Christmas Carol every year, especially Christmas Eve.
Patricia
panthers.ravens@yahoo dot com

Emily Tardy said...

'It's a Wonderful Life' though my Hubby's fav is 'Badder Santa' Which is the un-cut version of Bad Santa

Hales said...

JINGLE ALL THE WAY IS MY FAV XMAS MOVIE!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :p

Maggie Toussaint said...

Minty Meltaways sound great. I'm a sucker for Home Alone at Christmas time. Maggie

Janette said...

I am showing my age here but White Christmas. This might be a duplicate as the site is messing with my ipad.

desitheblonde said...

that hard because they have some new one now and seen some them and likening them better
have great holdiay
desi the blonde2msn.com

Catherine Lee said...

The Bishop's Wife is my favorite holiday movie. It's not the holidays until I see Cary Grant as an angel!

Ho, Ho, Ho...
Catherine
@capefearlibn
catherinelee100[at]gmail[.]com

Patti P said...

I have to say I have a few we watch every year. My favorite funny movie is ELF and my other favorite is Polar Express.
musicalfrog at comcast dot net
Patti P

Have a great holiday.

Brenda Hyde said...

My favorite cartoon is The Grinch, and White Christmas is my favorite movie. I love everything from the clothes to the music- and the romance:)

brenda at standbesideher dot come

shadow_kohler said...

My favorite movie is polar express and a christmas story. I also adore the song white christmas. Thanks! Happy holidays!
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

Frank said...

Thanks for the delicious recipe, Stephanie! My favorite Christmas movie is still A Charlie Brown Christmas--love that little tree and Linus!

--flchen1, posting using DH's account
f dot chen at comcast dot net

VampedChik said...

My favorite is a Charlie Brown Christmas. i love watching it with my neice and nephews. My family also always watches National Lampoons Christmas Vacation every year. Thanks!
-Amber
goodblinknpark@yahoo.com

Kathryn Merkel said...

My favorite Christmas movie is Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby & Fred Astaire. I watch it every year & just barely got it in before Christmas was over this year. It ended about 15 minutes before midnight.

drainbamaged.gyzmo at gmail.com

StephB said...

Congrats to Kathryn Merkel, winner of my stuff your stocking! Thanks to everyone who posted comments and shared your favorite Christmas specials. I hope you had a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Smiles
Steph