Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Stuff Your Stocking Blogfest: Heather Hiestand

Christmas is such a female holiday. Stores are full of pretty dresses for the babies, girls and women. Everything is beautifully decorated, baked goods abound, and of course, all the good chocolate comes out.

For my extended family celebration, I stand in the massive line at See’s Candies to pick up treats, now that the family members who sent Fannie Mae chocolates and loved Frangos are no longer with us. Beautiful, boxed chocolates is one family tradition I’m not willing to sacrifice, even though those chocolate lines get so long I’ve chatted with people long enough to exchange phone numbers with them!

Another thing we women get? Christmas-themed reading material! Cooking, fashion and lifestyle magazines all feature the season, cozy mystery series have holiday themed releases, and of course, Christmas romance novels start showing up around October. I start hoarding them and have a Christmas reading fest every December. I never see my husband’s truck, 4-wheeler and gun magazines featuring the holidays. Poor guys! It’s almost impossible to find a nice holiday outfit for them and their reading material is dull too. Women get to enjoy this time of year in many forms.

Heather Hiestand’s Christmas purchases for 2011:

*Marian’s Christmas Wish by Carla Kelly

*His Mistress by Christmas by Victoria Alexander

*A Clockwork Christmas – a Carina Press anthology

*Christmas by Michael Bublé

*Melissa and Doug Wooden Nativity Set (hey, I have a toddler!)

And what do I recommend for gifts? My new holiday story, steampunk romance novella Captain Andrew’s Flying Christmas—which of course released in October.

What are you stuffing into stockings this Christmas? Leave me a comment below. Once commenter will win an electronic copy of my sweet holiday romance, “Victoriana.”

Heather Hiestand is the author of seven novels as well as many novellas and short stories. Her imagination keeps her entertained with romance, mystery and futuristic/fantasy story ideas, many of which eventually become words on a page. She lives in Washington State with her husband and son. For more information, see her website at

Captain Andrew’s Flying Christmas Blurb:

Housemaid Linet Fenna would rather be an air pirate than a servant. When she finds the ladder to an airship dangling outside her garret window on Christmas Eve, 1892, she ascends to the skies above London on her late father’s flagship dirigible, the Christmas. The new captain is someone she never expected to see again, a dangerous, sexy foe. Is the Fenna family nemesis offering Linet her heart’s desire or a dastardly trap?

Captain Andrew’s motivations are as foggy as the coal-soaked sky. Prime Minister Gladstone’s Blockaders, a horde of automen and a teenage girl named Hatchet want Linet to fail in her quest to discover what happened to her missing family, but she is determined to have a happy Christmas.

Captain Andrew’s Flying Christmas links:



Debby said...

Stocking stuffers? I don't give books. I give practical things but I do give B&N gift cards for those books they want. I give those things in the stocking because my kids asked me to.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Cozy in Texas said...

I used to love Sees chocolates when we lived in California. I gave a lot of books as presents this year, especially as I had several stories accepted by Chicken Soup for the Soul. No need to enter me in the giveaway - I don't have an e-reader.

Dawn said...

Puzzle books, dvd's, candy and a stuffed animal....I love the stocking gifts better then the wrapped gifts...

Heather Hiestand said...

Thanks for stopping by, Debby, Cozy and Dawn!

Jean P said...

Usually just giftcards, people are getting harder to buy for as they get out of the young age.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Patti P said...

I didn't do stockings this year and it was disappointing.
musicalfrog at

Maria D. said...

I stuffed my stocking with lots of books for my Kindle...including a couple of the ones you mentioned (His Mistress by Christmas and A Clockwork Christmas.

Thanks for the giveaway

junegirl63 at gmail dot com

shadow_kohler said...

I love stockings. There so fun! Depending on the year, we usually just stuff and and whatnot in them. I love christmas, we get a stocking and watch christmas movies. Awesome! ;)

GladysMP said...

We don't always get boxed chocolates for Christmas, but we did this year. I haven't dove into them yet, however, for we still have pie, cup cakes and other treats left over from Christmas...along with leftovers from the big meal.

Frank said...

I usually pick up fun little candies or other treats to stuff my kids' stockings with--this year it was a few flavors of Tic Tacs and big boxes of Everlasting Gobstoppers ;) I bring them books year round and don't bother to cram those into stockings... Yes, it's fun raising readers :D

--flchen1 using DH's account
f dot chen at comcast dot net

VampedChik said...

Pretty much it's just candy and gift cards. LOL and fun socks. I've gotten those too. Thanks so much for sharing!

Heather Hiestand said...

Thanks for posting, everyone! Dawn is my winner. Happy New Year!