Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Stuff Your Stocking Blogfest: Ginger Hanson

A Christmas Caper by Ginger Hanson

When I first wrote the story that became “A Christmas Diamond for Merry,” it was a “first meet” story. In that version, the heroine went to the wrong house on Christmas Eve to make a pizza delivery and interrupted a burglary in process. She ended up tossed in a closet with the home owner.

I loved the story concept, but it never made it out of my computer into the print world.

Early last year, I decided to revamp the story, tie it into my Tassanoxie series and submit it to The Wild Rose Press for their holiday line up. Since the theme of the Tassanoxie stories is “small town, second chances,” I knew it could no longer be a first meet story, it would have to be a second chance at love story.

With that in mind, I kept four of the original concepts: the pizza delivery, a burglary in progress, a small closed space and a Christmas name for the heroine. Playing with these ideas proved to be great fun and by staying true to the series, my heroine (Merry) and the hero (Josh) get a second chance at love.

Plus, I got to add a popular Italian restaurant noted for its mouth-watering pizzas to Tassanoxie. Now my characters who like Italian food have a nice family restaurant to visit when they want a pizza.

Hmm, all this talk about pizza has made me hungry. Think I’ll go dig around the freezer and see if I can find myself a slice.

Hope your holidays have a happy ending to match the one Merry and Josh have!

About the Author: Ginger Hanson’s short story, "A Christmas Diamond for Merry," continues her contemporary romance series set in Tassanoxie, Alabama. To read more about the citizens of Tassanoxie, check out Feather’s Last Dance and Ellie’s Song. If you prefer historical romance, don’t miss Ginger’s Regency adventure romance, Lady Runaway. For those who want to learn more about writing, catch her essay in the recently released anthology How I Wrote My First Book. Tassanoxie, AL Small town...Second chances Leave a comment for a chance to win a $10 Barnes and Noble gift card.


Jess said...

I love the idea of being thrown in a closet with a burglary victim as a first meet story. It is so original. Although it didn't make it as a first meet story, I think the H/h having a past relationship would make it even more interesting. I could just see the Hero's eyes bulging out when he notices who's being thrown in there with him. (If he's not blindfolded)Thank you for the B&N Gift card giveaway.

Merry Christmas!

jcross719 at yahoo dot com

coastie_jo said...

What a fun concept for a storyline! It's said life is stranger than fiction, so why not have two people reconnecting in the midst of a burglary? I've run into high school classmates in airports nowhere near where either of us live, so anything is possible. Can't wait download the story to see how Merry & Josh handle this situation!

Happy holidays!

Jean P said...

What a fun storyline and loves the names for the characters very fitting for the season.
Happy Holidays.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Na said...

Second chance storylines are one of my favorite to read about and it's even sweeter in small towns. It really gives a chance for characters to build trust and security. Have a great weekend!


Debby said...

Sounds like a great story. Enjoy your Christmas
Debby236 at gmail dot com

Ginger Hanson said...

Thank you for stopping by and reading my post! It's heartwarming to discover others like the idea of my story and naturally, I hope you'll get a copy to read.

Have a happy holiday season!

ginger hanson

wanda f said...

I love the storyline sounds like a fantastic read

Barbara E. said...

One of my favorite themes is the second chance at love, so your story sounds just right to me, I'm looking forward to reading it.

Barbed1951 at aol dot com

GladysMP said...

I love the idea of a couple meeting because she interrupts a burglary; but there have been so many burglaries around here of late, that the subject gives me the shivers without my reading anything. Even Christmas yard characters have been stolen in our neighborhood to the extent that some of my friends and neighbors didn't put theirs out. It is sad. Surely puts a damper on the Christmas spirit.

Cathy M said...

Nice getting to know you, Ginger, and happy holidays.

caity_mack at yahoo dot com

shadow_kohler said...

This sounds so good! Great story line. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Maureen said...

I do enjoy stories where the hero and heroine have a second chance at love.
mce1011 AT aol DOT com

Frank said...

What a cute story concept, Ginger! Glad you found a way to rework it to fit into the "world" you created in Tassanoxie! Looking forward to adding these to my TBR!

--flchen1, using DH's account
f dot chen at comcast dot net

Patti P said...

Ok I need to read this one! It sounds very entertaining.

VampedChik said...

Love the concept! Going on my wishlist! Thanks so much!

wanda f said...

Hi hoping that ginger sees this email you hope to hear back soon .Have a great week