Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Thursday, October 6, 2011


10 Things You Might Not Know About Janet Gurtler

1. I eat Protein Bars and Coffee for Breakfast. Often for lunch too.

2. I love going to the movies by myself. But only since I became a mom. It was my escape and still doesn`t embarrass me in the least.

3. My mother and I share the same middle name. It is Elizabeth.

4. I have three nieces who names or nicknames appear in all of my books Ciara, Carly and Cede. Carly has been in every book I`ve written.

5. I secretly wish I could play guitar and sing like Jaz does in If I Tell.

6. Jon Skovron, author of Misfit, helped me with some of the guitar lingo in this book.

7. I know the words to most of Neil Diamond`s songs. I didn`t know this until I went to a concert of his and discovered it was fact. I blame it on my father.

8. A couple of years ago I talked to my husband about opening my own Indie Bookstore in our community. But it wasn`t financially viable.

9. I don`t like getting flowers. I think it`s a waste of money.

10. Like the mother in If I Tell, I had very bad Postpartum Depression after the birth of my son and that is why I never had more children. I recovered, but it took a long time.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Janet Gurtler lives in Calgary Alberta, near the Canadian Rockies, with her husband and son and a chubby Chihuahua named Bruce.She does not live in an Igloo or play hockey, but she does love maple syrup and says "eh" a lot.

If I Tell October 2011

Her best friend and her mom's boyfriend. Locking lips. This is the secret Jasmine Evans has to keep at all costs. Because her mom is pregnant, and Jaz doesn't want to ruin her life--again. (Just being born did it the first time.) But the harder Jaz tries to pretend everything is okay, the faster her life spins out of control. Until Jackson. He doesn't care about the popularity of her friends or the color of her skin. But can she really trust a guy who just transferred from reform school? She might be willing to chance the heartbreak, but telling him everything and risking the truth getting out is a whole other level of scary.

No comments: