Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Character Interview with Luke Tracy of Into the Fire

I invited Luke Tracy, the hero of Into the Fire, for an interview.  He was a little reluctant to get out of bed so early on a Sunday morning, but with a little convincing, he agreed.

Cherie:  Hey, Luke, thanks for being here today.  I won’t keep you long, just a few questions.

Luke:  Aaah, anything for you.  I owe you big for bringing Shyann and me back together.

Cherie:  It’s what I do.  First question—where are you from originally?

Luke:  Originally I’m from a small town in eastern Texas, but when I got serious about cooking, I took off for New York to eat at some of the restaurants I’d been reading about.  I loved it so much, I stayed.

Cherie:  Food is a great motivator.  How did you meet Shyann?

Luke:  She was a sous chef at Heat, the restaurant I now own.  Unfortunately, when Mr. Thomas hired me, I wasn’t quite truthful with her, but in my defense, Mr. Thomas hired me for a specific purpose and part of the stipulation was remaining quiet about who I really was.

Cherie:  Oh, yeah, she didn’t take that very well, did she?

Luke:  No, and she practically disappeared on what I found out later was an extended wine tour all the way across the country.  Then a fellow chef told me she was going to be on Kitchen Twist, a reality TV cooking competition filmed in NYC.  I knew it was my chance to talk to explain everything.  I pulled as many strings as I could to get on the show as her competition.  Finally, I was face-to-face with her again.

Cherie:  The competition heats up between you two.  What exactly happened in the pantry?

Luke:  (A big grin spreads across his face) I just got out of the doghouse.  I think I’ll keep that to myself.

Cherie:  That’s probably for the best.  Anything else you’d like to share with the readers?

Luke:  It’s my turn to fix breakfast, so I’ll probably just head back to Shyann, if that’s cool with you.  I got these Halloween breakfast burritos that I think she'll get a kick out of.

Cherie:  Great, thanks again for doing this interview.  I’ll let you get back to Shyann.

Into the Fire

Months after he stole her affections—then her executive chef position—Shyann and Luke meet again under sizzling circumstances, competing head-to-head on a televised cooking show called Kitchen Twist. Each arrives with a motive: Luke intends to win back Shyann’s heart, even as she wants closure on the not-so-tasty heartbreak he once served up.

Luke knows culinary masterpieces require a delicate touch, but that knowledge is tossed out with the leftovers as he works to show Shyann he’s not such a bad guy. Now he pushes his skills to the limit to win the competition and satisfy a bet.

Can two top chefs resist each other as they move out of the pan and into the fire?


His hands burned with awareness of where they rested. His pulse raced, and her lips were mere inches from his. As if time stopped completely, they stared at each other, and for the life of him, Luke couldn’t seem to remember why he’d come in here. 
Shyann shook off the haze first. “Let me go. I can get this without you.”
            Against his need and with exaggerated motion, he pulled his hands away. She stumbled and eyed him suspiciously but went back to jumping for a high box.
            Although he appreciated the bounce of her breasts each time she leaped upward, he forced
himself not to stare, gathering some of his ingredients instead. But after watching for a few more seconds, with an irritated grunt, he reached around her, grabbed her target, and handed it to her.
            “I said I didn’t need your help.”
            “Fine, I’ll put it back.”
            His hand touched the box, and she pulled it behind her. The motion caused their bodies to collide again. Her liquid brown eyes blazed up at him, and even as a small voice in the back of his brain screamed he didn’t have time for this, he couldn’t seem to pull away. She looked so damn soft and vulnerable, and all he wanted to do was step out of the way of her win, give it all to her because she deserved it. But first, he wanted to kiss her, a long, hot, turn-their-knees-to-jelly kiss.


Debby said...

This book sounds wonderful. I enjoy reading character interviews. Great job!
debby236 at gmail dot com

Na said...

Hi Luke *waves* Thanks for making it to the party today. I admire the fact that you can cook and Shyann's lucky to get some Halloween burritoes this morning!