Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Guest Blog: Dana Pratola

Renewal


Autumn is back. Though the leaves haven’t yet changed in this sector of the country I know it’s coming. I can feel the change in the seasons beyond the cooler days and crisp nights, beyond the back to school sales and the scent of wood smoke stinging the air. I feel it inside, like an energy building, the shift in gears that must happen in order for me to gain momentum enough to endure a long, and inevitably freezing winter in the northeast.

For me, Autumn is a time of hope, and more so than spring, of new beginnings. It’s taking on a manner of thought that enables me to appreciate the diminishing sunlight and the reemergence of pumpkin pie. If I go into it with the right attitude I can even look forward to damp clothes on the radiator, raking leaves and waiting in a long line on Thanksgiving Eve because I forgot a crucial ingredient.

That’s not to say that as a kid I didn’t suffer the “end of summer blues” like everyone else as September approached — I did. But I knew even then I would write romance, and what season better expresses the richness of romance than snuggle weather?

So while nature is pausing, sleeping around me, I know that if I maintain a positive attitude, I can make this season my most productive. And as summer slides without argument or lament into the sea of time, I watch it wave goodbye, and turn to look forward.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: I am a 47 yr. old mother of 3, married 25 yrs. The Lord is my Savior, writing is my passion and publishing inspirational books that show the grace of God is my ministry.

AVAILABLE in paperback or Kindle at: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_12?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=dana+pratola&sprefix=dana+pratola OR http://www.whiterosepublishing.com/Dana-Pratola-628?osCsid=8538c8d3b19e913a421bd6606289c9ae
Available in paperback or Nook at www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-covering-dana-pratola/1104473665?ean=9781611161014&itm=4

No comments: