Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

What would you do if you couldn't touch anyone?

I can't even imagine how hard life would be if you couldn't touch others, even
in passing.

Jac has this problem and many more in

Book I from the Hidden Senses Trilogy
available at

Does she risk everything again?

 Jacinda Brown keeps to her safe existence doing investigative research, avoiding people and places with people. To most, it appears she has a normal life; blending completely undetected in her lonely continuation.
She doesn’t investigate people; she can’t get that close. Through her hand she can feel emotions, thoughts.  With a touch she can see what has been.  
Unfortunately fate tosses her into a situation where her carefully guarded secret and her own conscience are at war when she finds herself working with detectives to find a killer.  Jacinda clashes with the very strongly grounded detective, Reid Merritt, destiny has forced her to work with. 
At some point he begins to matter, making her decision harder. Will he look at her with abhorrence, like she’s some sort of freak when she’s through?
What will be the price, this time, for the ability she doesn’t want?



Jacqueline Paige

8 comments:

MomJane said...

oh my goodness. I couldn't live without hugs from people I love. What an unusual but interesting concept. sounds great.

Jacqueline Paige said...

It was a challenge to write.
Thanks for stopping by!!

good luck with the draw
:)

Na said...

I really really like the premise for your book. It's so unique! I know for myself I'm not sure how I can handle not being able to touch someone. It's one of the important ways I connect with people. It's something I have to wrap my mind around and I imagine it wasn't easy to write but I'm glad you took on the challenge.

Jacqueline Paige said...

Thank you, Na. In the world of books today it's hard to come up with something that hasn't been done. I like to think I succeed from time to time.

;)

Stacie said...

Human beings thrive on being touched. Babies that grew up in orphanages without being touched don't develop normally. I feel for your heroine. She shuts herself away in order to protect herself but she can't be close with anyone.

User1123 AT comcast DOT net

Jacqueline Paige said...

It's definitely lonely for her, but after I got to know her, she became one of my heroes!


Thanks for popping in, Stacie.

:)

shiderly77 said...

Oohhh I feel so bad for your heroine! Snuggling is one of my favorite things to do with my husband, I couldn't imagine not being able to. I am glad she gets a hero to snuggle with!

shiderly77@yahoo.com

Jacqueline Paige said...

Snuggling is good ;)

Thanks for stopping in, Shider!