Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Western Ethics...and the cowboys from Hearts Crossing Ranch

A real life cowboy on the Teton wagon train adventure I recently took.
James P. Owen wrote a book called Cowboy Ethics with a ten-step Code of the West.  I try to have all the heroes in my eight-book series going on at White Rose Publishing, Hearts Crossing Ranch, do the right things. These are some of them:.
            (1)    Live each day with courage.
(2) Take pride in your work.
(3) Always finish what you start.
(4) Do what has to be done.
(5) Be tough, but fair.
(6) When you make a promise, keep it.
(7) Ride for the brand.
(8) Talk less and say more.
(9) Remember that some things aren’t for sale.
(10) Know where to draw the line.
 Why not check out my book trailer and meet the guys from the first three books, all available now?


11 comments:

Robin said...

I like the code of ethics!

Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com

katsrus said...

Adding these books to my reading. Love your covers. Very pretty. Wonderful trailer.
Sue B
katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

Tanya Hanson said...

Hi Robin, the code of ethics should be required of us all.

Thanks for posting today.

Tanya Hanson said...

Hi Sue, I so appreciate your interest, and thanks for watching the trailer. It turned out great. I had a wonderful, very patient designer!

Thanks for stopping by.

Sarita said...

Awesome code!

Stacie said...

The honor code among cowboys is what makes them a romantic figure for me. They make great heroes.

User1123 AT comcast DOT net

books4me said...

The cowboy code is what everyone should live by!

books4me67 at ymail.com

shiderly77 said...

I agree with others that the code is an excellent way to live. Thanks for sharing.

shiderly77@yahoo.com

JohnF said...

Thanks...the code is great!

Na said...

These are definitely rules to live by. I think cowboys have strong integrity. My favourite is the first one, to live each day with courage.

Tanya Hanson said...

Thanks, everybody! I agree, cowboys and all they stand for are true measures of America. I got delayed in posting during the evening...I so appreciate you taking the time to read and comment. Blessings!