Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Some more Cowboy Code to Live By....and a short, sweet series to read!

Current release, third in series.
Meet Hooper and Mallie.

  Will Rogers, probably America's favorite quote-meister, passed away in 1935, but his wit and wisdom live on, fortunately for us. Here's his Cowboy Code:.
1.  Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.
2.  Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
3.  There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither works.
4.  Never miss a good chance to shut up.
5.  Always drink upstream from the herd.
6.  If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
7.  The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back in your pocket.
8.  There are three kinds of men:  The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation.  The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence.
9.  Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
10.  If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.
11. Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.
12. AND FINALLY:  After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring.  He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him . . . The moral:  When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!
***I added these:
13. Be to work on time.
14. Ask permission to bring your dog. 
First in the series.        
Meet Christy and Kenn.
     
Second in the series.
Meet Pike and Daisy.


Please visit me on the web. www.tanyahanson.com
www.petticoatsandpistols.com

19 comments:

katsrus said...

Those were so funny. I can just hear him saying those. Some good codes I think.
Sue B
katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

Tanya Hanson said...

hi Sue, Thanks for posting here, too LOL. Yep, I can hear him too. They did crack me up. Funny yet awfully good ones as well.

So glad you could join us at LASR today.

Deborah Schneider said...

Wonderful wisdom, Tanya. I'm going to print this out and put it on the bulletin board at work. :-)

forums said...

Sent these to the man! Thank you--

forum_forums[at]yahoo[dot]com

Sarita said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Stacie said...

I grew up in Will Rogers's home town in Oklahoma. We still have the house he grew up in. His museum is in the next town over from us. Very few people I have met knew who he was. Great post.

User1123 AT comcast DOT net

Laura Ann Dunks said...

Excellent advice! Best of luck with the writing.

Laura xxx

books4me said...

I love the Cowboy Code! Thanks for sharing!!

books4me67 at ymail.com

Robin said...

More excellent points!

Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com

Virginia said...

Love these cowboy codes. I do love cowboys what's not to love about them.

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Donna B said...

LOL I love the quotes! ( and the pictures are great too!)

Dawn said...

Love, Love Love Cowboys!!!! Love the codes....


staniszeski3824@comcast.net

shiderly77 said...

I'm a bit late to the party but lol, I'm here. And cowboys ain't so bad, I especially love the contemporary cowboys!

shiderly77@yahoo.com

Jillian said...

Love the quotes. I know some of those folks that have to learn by peeing on the fence. LOL!

JohnF said...

Great Quotes, and best of luck with the books!

Na said...

Thank you for sharing more cowboy codes. It just confirms why I like cowboys!

Vonnie Davis said...

Cute...real cute. I know some men like that. God bless 'em.

vonnie(dot)davis at ymail.com

lisagkendall said...

I love #8. lisagk(at)yahoo(dot)com

Tanya Hanson said...

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. I got held up this evening and am way late in posting, but I so appreciate you stopping by and leaving your own words of wisdom LOL.

I can't believe anybody doesn't know who Will Rogers is! Boo!