Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sign My Kindle??

by....  Meg Mims
Say what? There’s an APP for that now, where authors can post their Amazon ASIN numbers and readers can request their e-books to be signed. How cool is that? I knew it was just a matter of time. Technology, love it or hate it, is pretty handy.

So click on this link:  and check it out. I plan to sign up when my book comes out on Amazon. Look for Double Crossing when it comes out next month!

Courtesy of
The next big thing might be the Kindle in color - but it would be more expensive! Look for that at Christmas... and look at the different between trying to store a stack of books vs. having the slim, take a hundred books with you Kindle! I love mine. Enjoy the blog crawl, LASR Readers! Every comment earns you a chance to win super prizes, so keep on top of things!


heather said...

I think it's a awesome idea but it's still not the same as a actual signature on a physical book. But still, pretty cool :)

The Happy Booker said...

Interesting idea, but I'd still rather have that signed book sitting so pretty on my shelf! Still, I certainly won't say no to a digital signature!

Donna Smith
ahappybooker at gmail dot com

katsrus said...

I love authographed books. That is the only thing I can say I don't like about having an eBook reader. Oh boy I would love a color Kindle. That is another thing that bugs me. I love a lot of the author book covers and on an black and white eBook you can't see how pretty they are.
Sue B

Judy said...

I too love authographed books. I've had a passion for books and reading since I was a youngster. I think a kindle would be great to take along for office visits and vacations. I would love to have one some day.


Danielle Thorne said...

This is awesome. I keep reading about the e-book signing program but I can't wrap my mind around it. Thanks for the link!

Meg said...

You're welcome! And while I LOVE holding the print copy in my hand, and have LOTS of author signatures, I still have NO room for more books.
I can eat lunch and just push the button to read my Kindle without getting food on the pages!

But I will sign my e-book or the print copies for ANYONE who buys one! :-D

Sarita said...

Now that's fun!

Stacie said...

I've read a lot of buzz online about autographing eBooks. I think it is a fun concept.

User1123 AT comcast DOT net

books4me said...

THANK YOU for explaining this! I keep reading on yahoo sites how an author can sign your ebook and I didn't get it! I am clear now.

books4me67 at

shiderly77 said...

Loved your post! lol Yep, there's an app for that. Funny, my husband just the other day said, deadpan, when I was explaining I wanted to cook more exotic foods "There's an app for that". It seems there is an app for everything nowadays.

Meg said...

I agree, Stacie and Sarita! Fun is right. I can't wait to autograph the e-books... You're welcome, Books4Me! I don't quite get APPS yet, but hey, the less I know, the better - as long as it works! And Shiderly77, I can't wait to be Jane Jetson with Rosie the Maid and the buttons you push for meals and everything. LOL!!

Robin said...

I agree that it's fun, but not the same as an autograph on an actual book!

Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com

JohnF said...

It actually is nice to have an e-autograph (the Nook Color has had that for a while).

Meg said...

Wow, John - I didn't know that about the Nook and signing! I'm just glad the e-books can be signed. :-)

Na said...

Kindlegraph sounds fun. If I have a kindle I might want to check it out. I agree too I'd still probably prefer an autographed print book.