Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Romance Trading Cards

One of the big promotional items authors passed out at various writers' and readers' conferences this year was Romance Trading Cards, a genius idea that historical romance author Jeannie Lin came up with. The idea was simple, create a trading card for each main character in your story and detail their "stats". I have to say I loved this idea! And I receive so many requests from readers to receive them, so I thought I'd make the offer here! 

Comment as part of the regular LASR giveaway event, of course, but ALSO note if you'd like to receive a set of signed trading cards by mail - all I need is a self-addressed stamped envelope, and I'll shoot 'em right out to ya! When this is over, I'll send everyone an email with my address, so be sure your email is in your post!

RTCs from Forever Freed:

RTCs from Hearts in Darkness:

Thanks for reading,

Laura Kaye
Hot, Heartfelt Romance - Because everyone longs to belong...

Laura Kaye is a multi-published author of paranormal, contemporary and erotic romance with five books releasing in 2011.


Vonnie Davis said...

I heard of romance trading cards at The Wild Rose Press's Writers Retreat. We were told bookmarkers were going out of style (hello...eReaders) and that trading cards were rising in popularity. Are you really experienceing a large call for them? Self-promoting authors want to know. ;-)

lastnerve said...

I love this idea of the trading cards. Especially if it is a series that I am really into. I hate feeling like the story is over and these cards would be a good reminder to read their story once again.


Tanya Hanson said...

I saw the cards at our chapter RWA meeting. They were awesome, definitely something I need to check out.

Laura Kaye said...

Thanks for your comments everyone!

@Vonnie--I would say I receive 3-5 SASEs a week from readers for a signed set. It's not a huge number, of course, but it's nice having something free to offer. And I've sent them off to book bloggers who include freebies with their giveaway books, too, so that's a great targeted promotion.

Don't forget to add your email everyone so you can receive a set of trading cards!

Larion aka Larriane Wills said...

what an attractive idea.

Stacie said...

I think they are a great way for readers to have a piece of cover art when they only buy eBooks. There were many authors with them at the RT convention.

User1123 AT comcast DOT net

Danielle Thorne said...

Wonderful idea. On the website, they all are different per author. Is there a standard look or format? And the site seems to be more electronic, but I assume these are paper products?


metallifan15 said...

I love this idea as there isn't a conference near me, as far as I know. :( is my address.

Wonderful thought!

katsrus said...

I love the trading cards.
Sue B

Na said...

Romance trading cards are new to me but I can definitely see the appeal of having all your favourite characters in your hand. The little tidbits about them can definitely refresh your memory of a story.

Missyb0103 said...

Love this Trading cards!!

Laura Kaye said...

I'll be sending y'all an email with my address, and you can send me an SASE to receive a set.

@Danielle - most authors used the Romance Trading Cards border to tie them all together, with a different color representing different genres. Some people made their own style, though. Authors have these as paper products that can be sent out, you just have to ask!

:) Laura
laurakayeauthor at gmail dot com

shiderly77 said...

Trading cards look awesome. I've never had any bu I'd love some from my favorite author series!

Robin said...

Those are great trading cards!

Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com

books4me said...

Would love a set of trading cards!

books4me67 at

Laura Kaye said...

Look for an email from me tomorrow everyone!

:) Laura Kaye

JohnF said...

Sounds intresting!