Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Murder, Magic, and Happy Endings?

When I decided to write I sat down and looked at the books that had become favorites over the years. They all had one thing in common,there was a happy ending of some sort in most of them no matter what the genre. It made sense that I would write romance right? That's what I thought as well.
So, I sat down to write what a call a "Straight" romance along the lines of the Silhouette Romance or Harlequin's Presents line.
Fate, or maybe to many cop shows, had something else in mind for me. Dead bodies kept showing up no matter how hard I tried to ignore them. I should have known better.
Finally I told my Muse, little brat that she is, I got the message. I started writing Romantic Suspense. From there it was a short hop to Paranormal Romance. I tend to write ghosts, with the occasional witch thrown in. :) I look at it as dead bodies on a different plane. I guess the brat agrees because she hasn't tried to stop me.
When it came time to figure out a tag line that describes my books a writer friend put it best. There is dead bodies so there is your MURDER, MAGIC is the romance or the paranormal and there is always a HAPPY ENDING. Sometimes more than one. Whether it is the HEA of a romance or justice served to a criminal as long as everyone is happy at the end that is all that matters.If you go to my website and check out my books I hope you'll feel the same way.


Laura Kaye said...

This is a great story of how you found your muse! Or, rather, how you and your muse came to a mutually satisfying agreement! LOL Fun post!

Laura Kaye
laurakayeauthor at gmail dot com

Robin said...

Looks like I'll love your books! I'm glad you listened to your Muse!

Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com

Na said...

I do like happy endings but more important to me is the journey. I'm also glad you followed your muse and it seems like has quite a plan for you :)

MomJane said...

Isn't it interesting the way you can only write what is really inside you. You did great to listen to your muse.

Larion aka Larriane Wills said...

if i don't get a happy ending i feel cheated. unhappy endings belong on the news.

Stacie said...

The HEA plus solving the mystery/catching the bad guy are the two reasons I love romantic suspense. It satisfies both my heart and my head.

User1123 AT comcast DOT net

shiderly77 said...

HEA is a must and I love the journey too, especially romantic suspense. I love how you refer to your muse as Brat... lol