Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

More Cowboy Code, early Aliens, and finding Sanctuary

My last post featured Gene Autry’s Cowboy Code. But did you know he’s kind of a precursor to the just-released Cowboys and Aliens?

Yes, indeed, with his 12-part serial The Phantom Empire. In 1935, this series was not only the first musical Western but also The Singing Cowboy’s initial starring role. He and his pals find themselves face to face with an evil scientist in an underground world called Murania, filled to the brim with robots, death rays and other sci-fi gew-gaws. The series is claimed to be a quarter-century ahead of its time.

For those unwilling to sit through a dozen installments, the series was condensed into Radio Ranch.


Now, I haven’t seen it. I suspect the special effects are laughable. But for escape, I bet it can’t be beat. And for the record, I thought C & A totally rocked.

As for my contemporary Western inspirational romance, Sanctuary, just released from White Rose Publishing, the tone is a tad more serious. But it’s not a tear-jerker or scary just because it deals with the developing relationship between two cancer survivors. I mean, don’t they deserve love stories too? The story is dedicated to the two most important and beloved survivors in my life, and I’m thrilled with the recent reviews.

I hope you’ll give it a chance.

Blurb: A beautiful plus-one at a wedding, a hunky cowboy..autumn leaves and rugged horse trails. The perfect setting to unite two healing souls…

Ranch foreman and single dad Hooper Martin is ready to put his health and life back on track after battling cancer…including re-entering ing the dating scene. His little girl sure could use a mother. Falling hard for wedding guest Malia Cameron makes perfect sense to him: she's a survivor, too.

Mallie has put her heart on hold, knowing she will never recover from her brain tumor struggle. She can't promise a future to anybody and vows never to fall in love. Letting Hooper Martin into her life would be a big mistake. But his good looks take her breath away, and his living faith starts to gentle her confusion about Who's really in charge.

                         Five Star Review, The Romance Studio
                        Four-star Web Exclusive review, Romantic Times







8 comments:

Virginia said...

I do love your books they are great

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Tanya Hanson said...

Thank you, Virginia. Sanctuary truly is a book from the heart.

Stacie said...

It sounds like a lovely story. I can't wait to see how they overcome their fears to be together.

User1123 AT comcast DOT net

Robin said...

Your book looks like it would be excellent!

Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com

Judy said...

I think Sanctuary would be a good read. I can't wait to read it. You are a new author to me and I'm looking forward to reading your books.

Judyjohn2004{at}yahoo{dot}com

Na said...

Laughter is one of the best medicine out there. I think it can help a soul heal. A muscial Western sounds fun! It is really touching that you dedicated your book to survivors in your life. What better gift than giving them a story written from your heart. I like that it tackles a serious issue but in an uplifting way.

shiderly77 said...

Sanctuary sounds soooo good! I love books where the hero and heroine struggle to overcome!

shiderly77@yahoo.com

JohnF said...

I've seen it, and it's streaming on Retrovision.tv! Campy, but fun!