Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Kat Duncan here again. Prejudice is a terrible thing, especially when a life is at stake, but you are not believed because of your past mistakes. Caroline Simmons has just one chance to convince Evan that her skill as a doctor could save his father:

“No! He can’t be moved without risking more bleeding.”

Caroline wrestled against the two stronger men, then looked to Evan, pleading against all hope that he would believe her. “Evan he could live. He shouldn’t be moved until he’s stabilized. Let me work on him.”

Evan looked down at his father. His lip curled in disgust. He shook his head and pointed to the

stretcher.

“Damn it, Evan! At least wait for the paramedics!” Caroline screamed.


Read another excerpt of Fifty-eight Faces at: http://www.thewildrosepress.com/fiftyeight-faces-p-4366.html

What would you do if the only person who could save your father was someone you hated? Me? I'd get forgiveness going, but fast!

12 comments:

The Happy Booker said...

I'm sure it would be an uncomfortable situation, but, like you, I'd definitely find a way to forgiveness and hope that they would too!

Donna Smith
ahappybooker at gmail dot com

Kat Duncan said...

It's amazing how quickly a life-threatening situation can make you change your mind. Luckily, we mostly face these things in stories! :)

Judy said...

I would put my hatred aside and definitely have him save my Father's life. Who knows, forgiveness might follow!

judyjohn2004{at}yahoo{dot}com

katsrus said...

I would have to let them save my fathers life.
Sue B
katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

Kat Duncan said...

Hi Judy and katsrus! Yup, that would be a good time to put hate aside...Thanks for stopping by to comment!

Sarita said...

Okay, you pulled me right in! Wow.

Stacie said...

I would have no choice but to let them help my loved one. What a terrible situation to find yourself in.

User1123 AT comcast DOT net

books4me said...

Not sure I would forgive the person but I would let them work on my father!

books4me67 at ymail.com

shiderly77 said...

Huh. Thats a tough one. I hope I would do the exact right thing...

shiderly77@yahoo.com

Robin said...

I'd find a way to forgive!

Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com

JohnF said...

Best of luck with the book!

Na said...

My love for my father would mean more than my pride or feelings. I can forgive but it's impossible to bring back someone from death...in real life anyway.