Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

I just came back from the woods of Vermont. Gosh, I love it there. Nothing but trees, mountains, animals, and fresh, clean air. If you like these things too, you might enjoy my book, ALASKA HEART, from The Wild Rose Press. Different trees, mountains, animals, and fresh, clean air with a side order of handsome Iditarod winner, Dale Ramsden. 

Alaska is supposed to be cold, so why is Alanna Cormac on fire?
 
Sent on a dream assignment to Denali National Park, nature magazine writer Alanna Cormac has no intentions of falling in love with Dale Ramsden, sexy Iditarod winner. When Dale, his family, and even his eighteen sled dogs charm their way into her heart, however, Alanna’s fast-track New York instincts crumble. The Alaskan landscape and the caress of a man too good to be true ignite feelings she never had time to explore before. Feelings that have her so blissfully busy she’s unaware she’s being watched. Judged. Targeted.
 
She’s next.

Love will either save her or swallow her whole. Is there a difference?

Excerpt:
 
“When you turn around, look first. You can grab your camera after. Okay?”
 
“Okay.” Anticipation buzzed through me. Or was it being so close to Dale?
 
With a little nudge, Dale spun me around, and a gasp caught in my throat. His hands closed over my shoulders, anchoring me, keeping me earthbound amongst what had to be heaven.
 
Rising above all the other mountains in the distance, Mount McKinley reached into the cerulean Alaskan sky like a white giant. Its peaks were arrowheads of rock encrusted in snow that glistened magically in the pink of the late afternoon sunlight. How incredibly small I was, like a speck of dust in comparison to the majesty of McKinley.
 
“Oh, Dale…” My voice was nothing more than a rasp. I let my pack drop to my feet and leaned back against him. He folded his arms around me and squeezed. When I thought the moment couldn’t get any closer to perfection, he loosened my scarf enough to nuzzle his cold nose against my neck. Though I initially shivered at the contact, he quickly warmed the spot with the heat of his lips.
 
Giving McKinley another look, I turned around to face Dale. He trailed his lips over my cheek and finally to my mouth where he did things that made my head spin. Our lips met as we tasted, savored each other. Great Goddess, I had shut myself off for too long. Or maybe I’d been waiting. Waiting for him.
 
Whatever the case, Dale unlocked emotions in me. Trust, wanting, love. I wasn’t sure what to do with any of these, but my heart thudded wildly in my chest over the prospect. My skin longed to have Dale’s fingers spread across every inch of it. My lips wanted him to never stop kissing me.

“Take your pictures.” The words were a whisper. “And let’s go.”

Visit my website at http://www.christinedepetrillo.weebly.com/ to see my other available books and what's coming soon. You can visit my two group blogs as well. One at A Pinch of Romance, http://www.apinchofromance.blogspot.com/ and another at The Roses of Prose, http://www.rosesofprose.blogspot.com/.

Toodles,
Chris

13 comments:

Sarita said...

I'm a fan of Vermont, too. It's just so beautiful.

Best of luck with your book!

Stacie said...

I've always wanted to visit Vermont. I do love the mountains.

User1123 AT comcast DOT net

books4me said...

My mom visited Vermont several years ago and loved it! I haven't visited much of the NE but would love to!

books4me67 at ymail.com

Robin said...

This looks great!

Robin D
robindpdx (at) yahoo (dot) com

Laura said...

Love Vermont! Would like to visit more often!
lg3162@aol.com

Virginia said...

I only get to visit places like this in books.

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Donna B said...

Ooh, I love your excerpt! I'm a New England girl myself, so the mountains and wildlife of VT are my back yard. I live in NH - an hour from the VT border and I love it here. I've seen many parts of our beautiful country, but none are as sweet as home.

Dawn said...

Vermont is beautiful...My parents are from Maine, so we visit Vermont often.


staniszeski3824@comcast.net

shiderly77 said...

As hot as this summer is, Alaska sounds heavenly to read about right now! And I adore the mountains!

shiderly77@yahoo.com

Christine DePetrillo said...

Lots of fans of Vermont here! Great! I used to travel to VT and NH a great deal as a child and guess I never really grew out of it. I love the woods. I'd live out there if the mosquitoes would kindly allow me.

Chris
www.christinedepetrillo.weebly.com

JohnF said...

Good luck with your book...another fan of Vermont, it's great both in Winter and Summer!

Na said...

I would love to visit Alaska one day. It seems so picturesque there. Like Vermont I also live in a place with plenty of mountains, fresh clean air and beautiful parks. It makes exploring them fun in the summer.

lisagkendall said...

What a beautiful setting. lisagk(at)yahoo(dot)com