Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

GUEST BLOG: MALENA LOTT

Fill Your Bucket by Malena Lott


Do you have a “bucket list,” a life list of things to do before you die? In my humorous novella, Life’s a Beach, Georgia and her husband Peter, have a “marital bucket,” which their therapist told them to envision as a bucket they share their dreams in - things they can do together to enrich their marriage. A no-kids vacation, “second honeymoon,” was in the bucket, which leads them to the beaches of Mexico, where Georgia meets the younger, shy Avery, who is hoping the tropical getaway will come with a marriage proposal.

The two women are near polar-opposites in every way, but the universe has thrown them together. In the spirit of the book, I’m sharing a few things from my bucket list.

1. Hawaii. Sooner than later. I fell in love with Kauii in 1996 when I was pregnant with my first child, and haven’t been back since. It could possibly be the most gorgeous place on the planet.

2. Road trip across the country. I grew up in an “RV” family. Raised by my grandparents, we owned several types of motor homes over the years and traveled to places I’ve yet to take my kids to: Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Black Hills. Those memories on the road are etched in my mind. I’m ready for more.

3. New York City in the fall. I’ve never been to the Big Apple. It’s a crime, because I know I would love it. Even though I’m more of a nature lover, I need to experience the ultimate urban vacation with my husband, stat.

What's in your "marital bucket?"

Malena Lott is the author of two novels, The Stork Reality and Dating da Vinci, and two e-books, Fixer Upper and the e-novella, Life’s a Beach. www.MalenaLott.com

2 comments:

Cate Masters said...

What a great idea, to have a marital bucket to enrich your marriage! Hawaii's been a dream of ours for many years. I'd love to do the cross-country road trip in an RV. Luckily, I have been to NYC in lots of seasons - Christmas is spectacular! Get thee to NYC! :) Definitely worth the trip.

Malena Lott said...

Thanks, Cate! I will definitely get there sooner than later!