Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

GUEST BLOG: BELINDA ROBERTS

TEN THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT BELINDA ROBERTS, AUTHOR OF MR. DARCY GOES OVERBOARD


• A summers day on the beach in Salcombe is my idea of perfection!

• My favourite books are the Jennings and Darbyshire series by Anthony Buckeridge - never read them in a quiet place as you won’t be able to stop laughing out loud!

* My top entertainers are ‘All the Kings Men’ a cappella group - my son sings with them - but I’m not biased - they are genuinely great!

* The piano in our house is the most prized possession - although I can hardly play, my four children and husband can - so there’s always someone making a noise ...

* I used to enjoy sport but find it hard to keep going ... until December 2010 I got up one day and went for a run before breakfast - and have done so every day since then ... who knows how long it will last!

* Last summer we made a film version of ‘Mr Darcy Goes Overboard’ in Salcombe starring my four children and their friends. Ten hilarious, exhausting nonstop days to film, many hours to edit ...

• I love my Apple Mac xxx

* Cartoons, illustrations, quick sketches - a fine black marker is one of my best friends!

* My children range from age 6 to 22 - one just starting school, one just finishing an MA at Oxford - all the same fabulous husband!

• We are lucky enough to live at a place called Longbourn ...

Mr. Darcy Goes Overboard is Belinda Roberts' first novel, although she has written a number of plays including 'Angelica' (pub Samuel French), Beetleheart, Christmas Candy, OTMA's Glory, Starry Night and Vivaldi's Angels. She lives near Stratford upon Avon, England.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a yacht must be in want of a female crew...

The balmy seaside resort town of Salcombe boasts the best in bikinis, sandcastle contests, and a fiercely competitive squad of buff local lifeguards as Regatta Week approaches. And if that weren't enough excitement, Mrs Bennet hears that the splendid villa Netherpollock has been rented by a young man of great fortune. She is determined he'll go out with one of her daughters, until Mr Darcy glides in on his stunning yacht Pemberley and she decides he would be the better catch...

No comments: