Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

GUEST BLOG: LISA RENEE JONES

All commenters on this guest blog are entered into a drawing for one of two copies of The Legend of Michael; US and Canadian addresses only please. Make sure you include your email address either in your comment or your public profile.

Ten things people don’t know about me:

1. I have two grown sons. Matthew who is about to be 27 and Ronald who just turned 22. I had them both very young, and people just can’t believe I have grown kids.

2. When I was 28, my staffing agency I owed was listed on the Entrepreneur Magazine’s list of Top Growing Women-Owned Businesses at spot #7.

3. I did quite a lot of independent film. That was where my creative gene first took root, but with kids, pursuing that was difficult and I put it aside. Later, writing was where I found that creative outlet I had so desperately yearned for.

4. I’m allergic to fish. I never liked it anyway, but allergic, as in ER if I eat it.

5. My fiancĂ© is 9 years younger than me. He didn’t tell me his age at first. He knew me even then – and I would have run for the hills. Looking back I remember how he dodged the question. We’ve been together 7 years.

6. We met in a bookstore. He loves books as much as I do. Barnes & Noble and Starbucks – we knew we were in love.

7. We hope to get married in Italy next year. That’s our dream!

8. I think most people that know me already know but…I could eat BAGS of chocolate in one sitting. BAGS. I’d regret it. I’d be sick. But I could easily do it.

9. I was born in Springfield, Illinois, moved to Texas when I was 3. Though most of my life has been in Texas I have lived in North Carolina, New York, and now Colorado. I’m looking forward to the RT Booklover’s Convention next year in Chicago to see my family.

10. I write paranormal but didn’t even think I LIKED vampires and paranormal stuff until I met my fiancĂ©, who drug me to the dark side and showed me a world I had been missing.

Thank you for having me on the LAS blog today! To find out more about my latest book, The Legend of Michael, a futuristic romantic suspense, please visit: www.lisarreneejones.com. My website also has links to my Facebook pages link where I often post pictures and other fun stuff. I keep a list of tour and release information updated on my site as well. I am also on Twitter, @Lisareneejones.

THE LEGEND OF MICHAEL BY LISA RENEE JONES – IN STORES MAY 2011

He’s a Lethal Weapon…
One of an army of human soldiers injected with alien DNA, Michael is a legend within this new race, split between good and evil. Untamable, he has walked on the dark side and returned to the light. Feared and misunderstood, he leaves everything behind, including the one woman destined to be his mate.

He is her Enemy… And her Destiny…
Cassandra holds the key to Michael’s power, and his pain. With loyalties divided and against insurmountable odds, Cassandra’s heart propels her to Michael’s side—but can her love do anything but destroy him…

No ordinary woman can control a creature such as Michael, and only one thing is clear—the world will never be the same…

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Award winning author Lisa Renee Jones has published more than fifteen novels in several different languages, spanning multiple genres of romance: contemporary, romantic suspense, dark paranormal and erotic fiction. Her awards include first place in the Romantic Times Aspiring Writers Contest. She currently lives in Colorado Springs, CO, where she is working on her next Zodius novel, The Storm that is Sterling, to be released in November 2011. For more information, please visit www.lisareneejones.com/ and www.sourcebookscasablanca.com.

8 comments:

Maria said...

Lol Lisa! You were a baby when you had your kids! How funny that your fiancee avoided the question of his age. Yes, I too could eat bags of chocolate but then I would be sick...lol...The Legend of Michael sounds absolutely wonderful and the cover is yummy!

junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

Carolyn Brown said...

Lisa: I want to know your secret of staying so young...you don't look a day over 28 so I can understand your fiancee's relunctance about telling you his age. Age is just the numbers on birth certificates anyway! LOL
Loved the ten facts about you...and you already know that I think Michael is yummy!

Temperance said...

Looks like a great book:)

elliott2668(at)yahoo(dot)com

Dawn said...

Married in Italy...what a romantic place...


staniszeski3824@comcast.net

Sherry said...

I'm just like you I could eat bags of chocolate at a time and it would make me sick too. I enjoyed finding out about you and I hope you do get married in Italy.

sstrode at scrtc dot com

Terra Pennington said...

Ok wait! Drying off key board. Nothing like a awesome cover to get me to stop and find out what is in side.

Terra

susan said...

I was surprised of the ten things I did not know about you but there is one thing I do know..you write great books. I was surprised Abby Morris is you. I have not read the book but sure sounds great and I am sure it is. susan Leech garysue@dejazzd.com

flchen1 said...

Loved that post, Lisa! Thanks for sharing a few new things ;)

f dot chen at comcast dot net