Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Friday, May 6, 2011

GUEST BLOG: CORNELIA AMIRI

Peace Love Music
by Cornelia Amiri


My twelfth published book, Peace Love Music, is coming out May 7th. As the title suggest, it’s set against the backdrop of the 1969 Woodstock Art and Music festival when 400,000 people came together for three days to sing songs of peace in the rain. Woodstock is not only one of the largest attended rock concerts of all times, but uniquely one where the community mattered more than the music. Even mud, hunger, thirst, and the worst traffic jams in history didn’t stop or deter hundreds of thousands of people on the path to Eden. Who wouldn’t love to put aside three days of their life for peace, love, and music … to be startdust, to be golden, to get back to the garden.

With Peace Love Music, visit the 1969 Woodstock festival with my barefoot heroine, Jodi and be a part of what’s known as the greatest weekend since creation. I wrote Peace Love Music with those three words in mind, a fun, hot summer read full of good vibes. Here’s a blurb and excerpt:

Blurb: Jodi’s birthday breaks her free of the foster care scene and launches her on a journey of self discovery. She thumbs her way to Woodstock to groove on peace, love, and music. The moment Blue spots Jodi strutting toward him barefoot in the rain, he’s overcome with déjà vu. She doesn’t share his feeling that they were lovers in a previous life, thinking it’s half crazy, still she feels she’s meant to be with the irresistible hippie. As an adult now Jodi’s free to be naughty rather than nice and he’s the man who can make her wildest dreams, the sensual ones, come true. Is she headed for a love-in at his tepee?

Excerpt:
When Joan Baez sang Sweet Sir Galahad, Jodi gulped. The beauty of the lyrics and her voice took Jodi's breath away. When Joan went into Sweet Chariot a cappella, tears rimmed Jodi's eyes and she sang, "Coming for to carry me home," along with her. Jodi had no home, now that she'd turned eighteen two days ago. She no longer qualified for foster care, but she would make a home for herself somehow.
A downpour broke from the sky as Joan Baez sang, "We shall overcome someday."

The chill down Jodi's back wasn't from the rain. When Joan belted out, in her crystal clear voice, "We are not afraid, Oh Lord. We are not afraid, Oh Lord, not afraid today," Jodi felt the words vibrate through her. Even in the cold rain, a warm glow fluttered in Jodi's chest.

The girl with long black hair and bangs clutched Jodi's hand, while she reached out to the blonde-haired chick in the denim shirt. The entire row held hands and danced in a grapevine line, around and around. They were a flowing river, moving together. Laughter spilled from Jodi when they sped up, and other times the line of dancers suddenly slowed. They all laughed as they danced to the music.

Peace filled Jodi. She didn't think she would ever stop smiling. When the dancing came to an end, she took a deep breath and met the gaze of a guy standing before her. His eyes drew her. They were different, it was too dark to see the color, but even at night they seemed to gleam and call to her. He had long, sandy brown hair and a wide-open smile that emphasized his full, seductive lips. Jodi wondered what they would feel like, and taste like if she stole a kiss from him. His broad shoulders filled out his pale green t-shirt, he wore a brown leather vest over it, and tight faded jeans encased his long legs and slim hips. A red band was tied around his muscular forearm. She felt she knew him, but she must have been losing it, as it didn't make sense.

"Hi, I'm Blue. Are you camping out here?"

"Yes, crashing with some friends." She pointed in the general direction of Sunshine and Ziggy's tent.

He pulled a flashlight from his jeans.

Blog Contest: I’m having a blog contest, please post a comment and I’ll draw a winner for a 2” small, yet beautiful LOVE candle, a braided leather PEACE bracelet, and a 17” X 11” cover-art poster of Peace Love Music.

Peace Love Music is published by Eternal Press, available in eBook and paperback from most online book stores as well as from http://www.eternalpress.biz. Please visit my website at http://CelticRomanceQueen.com and twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/CelticRomanzqEn and Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/CelticRomanceQueen
.






Cornelia Amiri has been writing professionally for ten years and the publication of Peace Love Music marks her as the author of a dozen books, including her Celtic/Romances with Eternal Press, filled with magic, hot heroes, and warrior women: A Fine Cauldron of Fish, Queen of Kings, Druid Bride, and The Wolf and the Druidess. She and her cat, Severus, live in Houston, TX as does her wonderful son and granddaughter. Cornelia loves hearing from her fans, please visit her on her website http://CelticRomanceQueen.com, or email Cornelia at coramiri@yahoo.com.

9 comments:

Mindy said...

Hi Cornelia :)
Congrats on the release of Peace Love Music.
I LOVE the excerpt for Peace Love Music! It seems to really capture the feel of Woodstock.Sigh, I was only 14 at the time & NO WAY was I be allowed to go to it so I had to be content with the news reports.

Peace Cornelia,
Mindy:)
Birdsooong@aol.com

Cornelia said...

I think I was 13 at the time. I havn't counted it up but I was born in 1957. We must be the same age or just about. I think that's why I always wanted to write something set in that era. Becsue I was too young at the time everything was happening. Like, never a hippe but always a hippie at heart.

Sarah J. McNeal said...

I grew up in this era. Joan Baez has a beautiful voice and I loved her folk music. Loved your excerpt, Cornelia.

Virginia said...

Congrats on your new release! Love the excerpt, sounds like a very interesting book and I will be looking for it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Pauline B Jones said...

Congrats on the release, Cornelia! Will it doom me if I admit, the mud would have been enough to stop me? LOL! Not a camper, but I do remember it!

Cornelia said...

Thank you Sarah, I love everything about Joan Baez and the songs she writes are incredible. She's such a real, honarable, caring person, who makes her gift of her talent and her voice count for so much more.

Cornelia said...

Thank you Pauline and Virginia. I really apprecate it. This is a specail release for me as it's my 12th book so I can say I have a dozen now. LOL

Jennifer Mathis said...

congrats on the release . I'm a fan of yours and i must say Peace Love Music sounds like a must have too.

meandi09@Yahoo.com

Mindy said...

I know the feeling Cornelia , I had the love beads, mood rings & psychodelic clothes. A true "country hippie". I'm a proud 55 now but still have the hippie life ideals (except for the so called mind expanding drugs, never tried them/never will my mind is expanded enough)
Mindy
Birdsooong (at) aol.com