Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

GUEST BLOG: ANNETTE SNYDER


It isn’t everyday that an author gets the notoriety of being a finalist in a big contest.  That’s just was Intimate Flames, my contemporary romance, did at the 2011 EPIC Awards.  It wasn’t the winner (congrats go to Meg Benjamin and Samhain Publishing, Ltd for that one)  but to have a work make it as far as Intimate Flames did gave me hope that someday my work would be recognized.  

That’s why we authors do what we do, I suppose--to get a message out to readers and to be able to say, “I wrote that.”  So, as I craft my next work and as I wait for an answer on my latest submission, I write.

I also run a blog.  At Fifty Authors from Fifty States, http://annettesnyder.blogspot.com each week, you’ll find a variety of writing professionals giving a glimpse of their work your way.  Their talent is coupled with a look into where they live which makes my blog unique.  Some of the participants are offering contests so it’s an easy way to score some free loot if you just click on over—don’t forget the contest I’m also offering on the blog itself.  You’ll find that in the top bar. 

Running a blog takes a lot of time, so does my writing career with fashioning my next character, promoting, and editing-all that stuff that keeps my work in print.  I’ve also got a real job that I love and a family who has to do laundry and cook because I’m working on my next project.  I couldn’t do any of it without their cooperation—all those control freak juggling balls thrown up into the air as the saying goes.  I’m fortunate that they help so I can do things I love. 

And here’s a blurb from Intimate Flames:

Bradie Carpenter holds only memories of love lost. Armed with determination after Grant’s tragic death, Bradie ventures forward with their son. Without the exclusive Blain family name or the advantage of the family fortune and, diligent to overcome the obstacles of single parenthood, she sets a goal of a better life in the picturesque town of Union.

Andrew “Amen” Packard married too young with an unrealistic view of the future. After a turbulent divorce attributed to pressure from his firefighter career, Amen chooses his heated profession over affection for wife, family and friends.  Not until he meets Bradie does he rethink his decision to exclude love from his life.
Can Bradie discover that money doesn’t always extinguish love?

Will Amen allow a ready-made family near enough to bash towering walls of seclusion?
Is friendship and attraction enough to heal the lives of two souls charred from fate? 

Drive Thru is the second in my contemporary series involving the Packard family and there’s more to come. 

Currently, I’m working on a new-to-me genre.  I’m not even sure what to call this particular piece yet but I dreamt this story and it’s the first thing I ever wrote.  I’m revisiting the plot to integrate everything I’ve learned since I’ve been published. The idea is cool.  Two guys from a clandestine little village hidden from a city of corruption on a scouting mission find an injured woman and feel the need to help her.  The trouble is, she isn’t from their village and it’s forbidden to bring outsiders in.  
Post apocalyptic, fantasy, romance…who knows where it’ll end but it’s a trilogy. 

You can find out all about me and my work by clicking to my website http://annettesnyder.atspace.com or by visiting my publisher www.whiskeycreekpress.com   My bio is listed at my website as is a current list of my works, events and just about everywhere you can pick up something I’ve written. 

A great big thanks to LASR for letting me post today.  LASR and Goddess Fish Promotions do such an amazing job promoting authors that the work from the collaborative effort of Marianne and Judy, and all those involved with these sites, needs to be mentioned.  Some great opportunities are available and worth looking into.  All you have to do is browse their sites.
 

1 comment:

Annette said...

thanks so much LASR!