Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

SPRING IS BUSTIN' OUT ALL OVER: MARIANNE EVANS



The More I Write, The More I Learn

Most folks like to think of January 1st as the point in the calendar at which to they long to examine their life goals and perform a status check of where they stand. I’m all for that, but for me, springtime—especially the Easter season—is when I deliberately force myself go still and think about where I am—and where I want to be. Why? To my mind, it’s all about revitalization. Renewal. 

Let’s face it. Spring brings about such great new things: Leaf buds and flowers bursting with fragrance, longer days bathed in golden sunlight, sweet-smelling breezes and gradually warming temperatures…cresting water and crashing waves that just beg you to dance along a white-sand beach, or dive on into the water and enjoy. 

As we savor, as we move forward, we learn.

After this most amazing year in my writing life, something occurred to me when I paused and took stock. I write for readers, of course, but beyond that, each story I’ve written has taught me something. Each one has forced me to look at my life, and my faith from a fresh perspective.
Here’s what I found:

When I wrote Hearts Crossing, I learned about welcoming the prodigal home. I learned about the importance of acceptance, and how powerful love and a lack of harsh judgment can be when a person honestly and earnestly seeks redemption.

Hearts Surrender taught me about the seasons of life—and renewal.  My heroine is chic and intrinsically successful, but she’s on a quest for meaning. She wants something deeper than the superficial. My hero, a widowed pastor, emerges from sadness to lead my heroine along the way. 

With Hearts Communion, the lesson God taught me was seeking faith in a storm. What do you do when your heart’s dearest wish is destined to remain just that—a dream and nothing more? 

The concluding book of my Woodland Series, Hearts Key, is all about the beautiful grace of being given a second chance.  After all, who hasn’t longed to correct a mistake they’ve made—like walking away from true love?

So think about it as you weed, and till the soil, and plant and take in the textures and scents of spring. Renewal and new birth are great topics to consider!

Keep in touch with me, won’t you? My web address is: www.mariannevans.com and I blog at www.marianneevans.blogspot.com

I also have a facebook readers page located at:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marianne-Evans/308711716744  and you can Tweet me at @marmo212!

Marianne Evans is a multi-published author of contemporary romance novels. Her professional career began when Kensington Publishing purchased her book, Friends & Lovers. Her second novel, Right Hand Man, followed shortly thereafter. Her third release from Kensington, Hannah’s Heart, won critical acclaim from reviewers and in the local media. Her fourth book is her inspirational romance debut at White Rose Publishing – an award winning novel entitled Hearts Crossing. Hearts Crossing led to the creation of The Woodland Series, chronicling the lives and loves of parishioners of Woodland Church. Book 2, Hearts Surrender, released in late 2010 with Books 3 and 4 – Hearts Communion and Hearts Key – slated for a late 2011 and early 2012 release respectively. Hearts Crossing is a Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence finalist and Hearts Surrender is a 2011 Book of the Year nominee with the Christian Small Publishers Association. 


A lifelong resident of Michigan, Marianne is an active member of Romance Writers of America. She’s a long-time member of Greater Detroit RWA where she served the chapter in a number of capacities, but most notably for two terms as Chapter Treasurer and two terms as Chapter President. She also belongs to the Faith Hope and Love chapter of RWA, American Christian Fiction Writers and the Michigan Literary Network.


35 comments:

JoanneR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoanneR said...

How inspiring to think of spring as a time of redemption as well as renewal.

Tamara said...

I can think of a few times I would have liked to have a second chance, can't wait to read this!

Ingeborg said...

Sounds like a good book,I can't wait to read it.

Kit3247@aol.com

Rebekah E. said...

sounds like a great book.

bc428(at)juno(dot)com

Maria said...

I do think of Easter as a time of renewal and of starting over. I haven't had a chance to read Heart's Crossing but I did read Hearts Surrender, which I enjoyed immensly and I felt as if both Kiara and Ken reminded me to slow down and reasses a few things in my own life. Can't wait to read Heart's Communion.

junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

cheryl c said...

Renewal and second chances...we all need those in our lives. I love to read stories about those, too.
castings at mindspring dot com

Judy said...

This really looks like a very good read. We all can use a second chance at times!!

Judy
magnolias_1[at]msn[dot]com

Jennifer said...

I enjoyed reading your post and will be sure to check out your books.

jenniferg6 @ gmail.com

Jean P said...

Can't wait to read this one, sounds like a great story.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

1f73f84c-50e1-11e0-8316-000bcdcb471e said...

Your books sound great ! I agree that there are soo many lessons to be learned while gardening and writing.

krykym(at)fullchannel.net

Jennifer Shirk said...

I enjoyed hearing about how you grew and what you learned with each book. The series sounds wonderful.

Donna B said...

I love your stories Marianne. I can't wait to finish the series!!!

Linda Swift said...

Interesting story, Marianne. I used to be a Kensington author, also. And I write for TWRP among other digital pubs. You have a wonderful editor in Nicola. She did my TWRP book covers. Wonderful cover artist and so sweet to know.
Linda

Faith said...

I love a good inspirational romance as well as a beautiful spring day!

bicknellbrown @sbcglobal.net

Karen H in NC said...

Your book sounds good.

kkhaas at bellsouth dot net

Carolyn Brown said...

Marianne: Kensington was my first writing home, also! But alas, the line died so I had to find another home. Love your post! I've been planting flowers in Oklahoma and reexamining my priorities, too!

jenniferprobst said...

Sounds like a wonderful inspirational romance!

Karin said...

Great post. I think everything in life can be a learning experience and I'm glad your writing has become that for you.

Silver James said...

Spring has always been about renewal for me, too! I'd much rather start a new project then, hoping to have it ready to "harvest" by fall! (Just in time for NaNoWriMo - LOL)

dandan said...

Everyone deserves second chances thanks for a great blog
danielle_estes@bellsouth.net

Denise said...

Enjoyed reading your post. Writing IS more than just imagining, it's about envisioning. Thank you for the thoughtful post.

Denise Golinowski
denisegolinowski(at)verizon(dot)com

booklover0226 said...

I look forward in reading this series; it sounds like something I'll enjoy.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Marianne Evans said...

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your thoughts and wonderful comments about the post, and the Woodland series! I'm enjoying being able to meet you all! :-) Blessings!

Pauline B Jones said...

I grew up in the snowy North, so yeah, spring was/is amazing to me. We have this beautiful tree out front and when it blooms, my heart just lifts! I tend to take stock more now than in January. Everything seems more possible now (as long as I don't ponder taxes too much! =8-0)

Nikki said...

What a wonderful post! All these blog posts about spring are helping fuel my creative streak lately. I need to put it into mighty good use!

susan said...

I am so glad to finally find some one who looks at spring as a new time to renew and start a fresh. I have looked at spring this way many years now but hadn't found anyone else to feel this way. Thanks for being with me in this feeling. I know we all do or have done things where we wished it would had been done differently and this books sounds like one I sincerely want to know more about and would love to win. susan Leech

Caroline Clemmons said...

Marianne, I so agree with you that it's spring that makes me thing of new beginnings rather than New Year's. When life is bursting forth around us, how can we not be revitalized ourselves? Very nice post.
Caroline Clemmons

Vanessa A. Johnson said...

Hi Marianne,
What a refreshing post. Never thought of Spring as a rebirth/renewal, but now that you mention it, why not! Just wanted to stop by and show some love. Continued blessings.
p.s. I received my package in the mail too.Thanks a bunch.

Dora Hiers said...

Hi Marianne. Great post and loved reading about what you learned along your writing journey. Your words are a blessing to many. Keep writing!

DoraHiers.com

Cheryl said...

Marianne,

This book sounds so wonderful. Wishing you the best.

Cheryl

Carol Burge said...

Wow, great post. It difinitely gives me something to think about. Thanks for sharing Marianne.

I read your bio and realized your're from Michigan, too! Woo-hoo another Michigander! Jane Toombs, who wrote a post here, is also from Michigan. The UP. I live in a small suburb just outside of Detroit. Where abouts are you?

Way to go Michiganders!

Carol
ceb 0140 AT hot mail Dot com

EdgesAngel23 said...

I think of Easter and spring as a time of renewel too because spring is when all the new baby critters and new plants come out :) Easter is all about rebirth :)
Thanks for the great post :)
Ashley A
ash_app@hotmail.com

Sarita said...

"As we move forward, we learn."

Thanks for that reminder, I needed it. :)

Lovely post.

Sarah Ahiers (Falen) said...

April 1st for me is when i plan pranks and horrible tricks to play on my family. Good times. Good times.