Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

SPRING IS BUSTIN' OUT ALL OVER: LINDA NIGHTINGALE


Spring is when I make my New Year resolutions.  Like spring cleaning, I try to abandon those practices or thoughts that have not worked.  This philosophy usually lasts as long as the spring cleaning.  But a friend of mine once told me that she would think about doing something then do the opposite of what she would have done in the past.  I’ve tried this but it really doesn’t work for me.  I guess I’m too cautious.  This spring I’ve resolved to get out more, not stay stuck to the computer writing.  I know I’ll break that resolution but it was a good thought.  I’ve also decided to exercise more.  Yeah right.


One of my favorite things about spring is daffodils.  I’m not a gardener like my friend and author Beth Trissel (Heavens no! In no time, I can make a fossil of any living plant), but I love the flowers.  Our car club hosts a bluebonnet drive each year into the Hill Country.  The fields look like seas of blue.

And my thoughts do turn to love.  Two new characters are whispering in my ear to write their story.  I don’t have a plot yet or any idea where to go with it, but I’m very intrigued by their love affair.  I’m not sure I can get away with it because the story parallels the Edward VIII/Wallis Simpson match.  This would be my first venture outside the paranormal.

Normally, I write about vampires, demons, fallen angels or I have been working on a story about centaurs.    Black Swan from The Wild Rose Press introduces my vampire characters and the mythos of their world.  When it was released, the story was Best of Week here at LASR.  I doubt that spring would be ideal for vampires, due to the longer days.  My vampires are light sensitive, but they are viral mutations not the Undead.

Please visit my web site for a free read, a vampire story called Vampyre Hunt.  http://www.lindanightingale.com.   Black Swan available at The Wild Rose Press.

Obviously, Spring is when I ramble.  Enjoy your Spring and Summer.

20 comments:

Angelwolfstorm said...

What beautiful flower pictures!

angelwolf_storm@hotmail.com

Jean P said...

That must be nice every year to see the bluebonnets, it must be pretty amazing to see.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Maria said...

I love bluebonnets but never get to see them up close- sounds like a lovely drive. Spring cleaning doesn't last very long for me either..lol

Good luck with your two new characters- I think it's good to experiment out side of your normal genre .....

junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

Toni V.S. said...

Wander all you want, Linda. As long as what you see ends up in a novel!

Barbara Monajem said...

Rambling is good, especially for your creative side. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next, Linda!

Nightingale said...

Thanks everyone for dropping by! I forgot to add to the post that one commenter will be drawn to win a Black Swan coffee mug.

Happy Tuesday!

chey said...

Happy Spring.
chey127 at hotmail dot com

Joni said...

Spring has sprung, the grass is riz, I wonder where the flowers is?
Obviously in Texas.

o2oole(at)verizon(dot)net

booklover0226 said...

THough I don't like spring cleaning, I do love the results of it. So yeah, I'm looking forward in doing it.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Nightingale said...

Love your poem Joni! Booklover, I haven't persuaded myself to spring clean yet. Still working on it. I always seem to prefer spending time with my characters than a broom.

Judy said...

I really enjoyed your post. I enjoyed hearing about the bluebonnets, we don't have them in Louisiana, but I have seen many pictures of them and they are very pretty. I love the cover on your novel. Good luck with the characters whispering in your ear:)

Judy
magnolias_1[at]msn[dot]com

Robin said...

I'm curious to find out how the story for your new characters works out!

Terra Pennington said...

What no computer time. I would be lost without it. I got to check yout fallen angel book.

Terra
tpen89@charter.net

Sarita said...

Fun rambling! I love spring, too.

Rebekah E. said...

Beautiful flower pictures. The flowers is what I love about spring.

bc428(at)juno(dot)com

Nightingale said...

Congrats Judy. You won the Black Swan coffee mug. I'll contact you.

Thanks everyone for dropping by and commenting.

Beth Caudill said...

Love the wildflowers.

Mona Risk said...

Linda, I loved your blog and pictures. Sorry if I am late.
www.monarisk.com

Sarah Ahiers (Falen) said...

i find excercising always seems to supercharge my muse. It's a grudging arrangement we've made

Mike Keyton said...

A story involving centaurs has so much potential - along with a few pitfalls. Good luck with it

keytons at btinternet dot com