Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

SPRING IS BUSTIN' OUT ALL OVER: CINDY SPEERS


Spring.

Probably everyone associates Spring with new beginnings, and a lot of the posts you’ll be reading about will have that theme.  It’s inevitable…January might be the first of the year and when we make resolutions to be better at something, but when the weather turns warm, to me, it feels like a whole world of possibilities have just opened up.

(Me, I resolve every spring to actually keep the lawn cut.  And, like all good resolutions, it never works out.  There’s something in the grass or weeds that I’m allergic to, it gives me a poison-ivy like rash, and after the first couple of times of being miserable I decide I’d rather look alright in my bathing suit than itch.  Living in the boonies has it’s privileges, i.e. no one to complain when my yard takes on a “naturalized” look.)

For me, spring is flowers.  Open windows.  Sweeping the winter out.  I see Spring cleaning as a chance to get rid of the dust of winter and bring in the freshness of summer.  Starting off everything nice and neat and clean.

Spring is also about finally getting out and doing things.  Especially driving…my hobby of pretending to chop my friends into little bitty pieces (aka Historical Fencing) requires a lot of driving and even some camping, which, since I can’t be bothered to set up a tent for more than one night usually means sleeping in the car, but it also means evenings of sitting next to the campfire.  Spring is so much more quiet than summer, at night.  The nocturnal animals haven’t quite shaken off the silence of winter.  And it’s still cool, so you huddle closer to the fire.

It’s my favorite season, really…the trees draped in their pastel blossoms, the balmy air and freedom from heavy clothes, and the hope that this season will be filled with joy and adventure.

What does spring make you feel?  What do you look forward to?

From her post, you may gather that Cindy Lynn Speer has two hobbies:  swashbuckling and avoiding yard work.  But she is also the author of Unbalanced, The Chocolatier’s Wife, Blue Moon and the short story collection But Can You Let Him Go?.  You can find out more about her at her website, http://www.apenandfire.com/

18 comments:

Sarita said...

Great post, and I love your titles!

Rebekah E. said...

When spring comes I am watching for all of my flowers to bloom. I just love the colors that spring offers.

bc428(at)juno(dot)com

Jean P said...

Enjoyed your post and yes I can relate to the grass cutting, kind of wringing my hands right now, it keeps raining and the grass keeps growing and can't get cutting it.

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Maria said...

I look forward to being able to wear less layers of clothing and of having the Sun out for most of the day. I also enjoy the warmer weather and watching the flowers bloom.

junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

cheryl c said...

Spring means new life. I love being outside, planting flowers, and enjoying being alive.
castings at mindspring dot com

Angelwolfstorm said...

I love the Spring blooms!

angelwolf_storm@hotmail.com

chey said...

I look forward to now having to wear winter gear anymore and opening the windows!
chey127 at hotmail dot com

Robin said...

Spring makes me feel fresh, vibrant, happy, full of life and hope...

robindpdx@yahoo.com

hotcha12 said...

HI CINDY, I NEVER READ ANY OF YOUR BOOKS BUT I HOPE TO SOON! SO GLAD WINTER IS OVER.

Judy said...

I enjoyed your post. You are lucky you are allergic to mowing :)I love Spring here in the South. It is not as hot as summer!! I love when the pecan trees start blooming.

Judy
magnolias_1[at]msn[dot]com

Terra Pennington said...

Don't blam you on the yard work.

Terra
tpen89@charter.net

Virginia said...

Spring makes me feel happy, flowers blooming, warmer temts. I love taking walks in the spring.

booklover0226 said...

Spring makes me feel revived and renewed. I'm full of energy and want to be outside doing fun things.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Michele said...

Spring = planning my garden, planting peas and no more falling on the ice.

EdgesAngel23 said...

Spring makes me feel like anything is possible, everything is starting over and beginning new. It makes me feel like I can start anything and accomplish anything!
I love spring because it is so pretty and all the little critters come out to play :)
Ashley A
ash_app@hotmail.com

Carol Burge said...

Spring means winter has ended (yippee)! No more cold, no more snow and absolutely no more ice! Once spring arrives, you know summer is right around the corner. Bar-b-ques, swimming and camping and warm summer nights. It's one of my favorite times of year.

Carol

Joni said...

I am always happy when Spring arrives so I no longer have to cope with the dangers of winter--snow and ice. Spring means sunshine, flowers and warm weather.

o2oole(at)verizon.net

Sarah Ahiers (Falen) said...

oh man, it would be so awesome if the lawn stayed cut, amiright? So awesome