Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by and let us know what you think of the new look!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Win one of my books!

There are many (too many!) clichés about growing old(er). The one I like best is, “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” I have a lifetime of stories to tell and a lifetime of experience to build them on. I’ve done genealogical research for at least 40 years, and believe me, there’s a story in every faded document and every crumbling tombstone I’ve ever stumbled across. I’ve been fortunate to do some traveling, and the ideas for The Showboat Affair and The Face on Miss Fanny’s Wall came from chance encounters on trips right here in the state where I live.

To win a copy of one of my books (your choice—print or ebook) visit my website and email me ( with a quote from Chapter 1 of The Showboat Affair. Hopefully, it will whet your appetite for the whole story! (And there's a bonus prize you ladies are guaranteed to love!) I'll draw a name on Valentine Day and notify you if you're the winner!

For me, every today is the someday I promised myself.


MarthaE said...

I'm interested in taking a look at your books - I am just looking for a quick link to your site. Another age quote I like is: Age is a matter of mind, it doesn't matter if you don't mind it! LOL

Kasey said...

I'll be sure to enter your contest. I like free books!

Cindy L said...

What a great contest!!


Donna B said...

Sounds great - I like my stories to be real - with a happy ending! :-)

Judy said...

It did whet my appetite. Really sounds great, a must read!!


Maria Zannini said...

I don't mind getting older, but did they have to take away my 'good' body? :)

Vanessa A. Johnson said...

I like the addage, "Age ain't nothing but a number." Yeah right, tell that to my sagging body! LOL

Chicks of Characterization said...

I am heading over to your website! I too love geneaology and through it find stories abound!!! I LOVE the show- "who do you think you are" on NBC. If you've never seen it you should watch it! It comes on at 8:00pm on Friday nights. does researches the heritage of celebrities. Its really good!


flchen1 said...

Great excerpt! Thanks much, Judy!

f dot chen at comcast dot net